GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the heated gear (jackets, gloves, etc. ) from Cycle Gear. It appears to be a lot cheaper than some of the other bands, but I am concerned about the quality, etc. Any thought or comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I bit on the Sedici gear. Every cycle gear store I have been in the help is knowledgeable and customer oriented. They said if I had a problem on the road I could walk in any store and get an instant exchange. Only rode a couple thousand miles with them, no problems at all. I bought 2 jackets and 2 pants, but bought the warm-n-safe wireless controllers instead. I rode 75 miles at 8 degrees with pajama bottoms, the liners, then just my riding pants, no jeans, and I was plenty warm at highway speeds. When I got to my destination I took off the riding pants because I was warm and walked around in the liners. I like my setup, we will have to wait a few years to check the dependability. If you google there are some people that think the manufacturer is the same as another name brand.

·
Banned
2,608 Posts
My wife bought me a Sedici (Cycle Gear's "house brand") jacket liner for Christmas. It came with the controller for $150 (the controller was usually a $50 add-on). It works great, and has been a real pleasure for me on cold days. I wish the controller was easier to access (it gets zipped up inside of the liner), but for now I'm making due.

I still don't know if my winter gloves were just wearing out, if this winter has been exceptionally cold, or if the liner just has me spoiled; but I mentioned to my wife that my hands were getting cold enough riding to work that my fingers were actually sore. She agreed that she'd make an anniversary/valentine's give of their gloves. I have been super impressed with the gloves. I wish the gauntlet part was either a bit bigger (to fit over my sleeves) or smaller (to more easily fit under, the way I wear them now), but besides that, they're great. Warm, keep out the wind, and the controller is built in and easy to access.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts