GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am probably going to get a pair of heated gloves soon.

i have been reading about how to hook the power to them.

in the right pocket area is a power connector that is to be used for hondaline heated grips, why cant i use this to power just a pair of gerbings heated gloves--no vest. shouldnt there be enough power for this.

it would save an awful lot of running to the battery and hideing wires etc.

i am always looking for an easy way.

loren

·
Registered
307 Posts
Loren, don't quote me on this but I think the Gerbings gloves draw more current than the heated grips and the circuit for the heated grips will not be "heavy" enough to carry the load. Do you have one of their jackets? you can plug the gloves into the jacket. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
loren - the Gerbing gloves come with the fused wiring to connect directly to the battery, and you'll want to use them and add either a portable or permanent controller to dial the heat level. Don't wire it to the power connector under the right or level front pockets.

Their gloves work great, but I have to say I enjoy the jacket liner much much more.

DaleC

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have diabetes for a year or so, i notice i get cold in the hands more easily than in years past. thats why the heated gloves.

i dont seem to get cold in the rest of me.

my idea was to tap the right pocket power and then use a permanant single controller with some plug mounted where the heated grip controller should go.

the last thing i want to do is take apart things to run wires if i can help it. just looking for the easy route.

loren

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Loren....Not much to take apart. Remove the seat and battery sidecover. You can feed the wires under the shelter with a coathanger. Not a big deal! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts