GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of Tourmaster Synergy Electrically Heated Gloves. I tried them this morning, and I was very disappointed. They have no heat in the thumbs. After about 30 minutes my thumbs were like icicles. After an hour they were numb. I bought this brand because they were the only ones I found that you did not have to buy a separate controller. I e-mailed the company and ask them why they would make heated gloves without heat to the thumbs. Their response was a long letter, probably written by the marketing department, saying how they strive to make the best product, but they never answered my question.

There were many reviews of these gloves saying they were poor and the thumbs were not heated, but unfortunately, I read them after I ordered the gloves. Don't make the same mistake

·
Registered
357 Posts
That is too bad

My Gerbing G3 gloves keep my thumbs toasty warm (as well as the rest of my hand)

#1 on the Gerbing G3's!! in fact, if you wear them for more than 6-8 hours without liners or a temp controller.. .you will get 2nd degree burns...
ask me how I know!! :shock:

·
Trained Killer Member
1,533 Posts
Warm & Safe has double heated wires in the thumbs. If interested in them give me a shout, Larry
Verily I say unto you.....ya get what ya pay for!!! Trust me, I've had the Warm and Safe gloves now for well over a month and all's I gotsta tell ya is....WOW!!! I've ridden many times to work in 20-30 degree weather and I find myself having to turn the controls down! Awesome product...more wattage...double wires in the thumbs...and guaranteed...how can ya go wrong! Plus, Larry's a board member...trust me...you'll be glad ya did! :bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
814 Posts
I just got a pair of Tourmaster Synergy Electrically Heated Gloves. I tried them this morning, and I was very disappointed. They have no heat in the thumbs. After about 30 minutes my thumbs were like icicles. After an hour they were numb. I bought this brand because they were the only ones I found that you did not have to buy a separate controller. I e-mailed the company and ask them why they would make heated gloves without heat to the thumbs. Their response was a long letter, probably written by the marketing department, saying how they strive to make the best product, but they never answered my question.

There were many reviews of these gloves saying they were poor and the thumbs were not heated, but unfortunately, I read them after I ordered the gloves. Don't make the same mistake

I almost got the Synery gloves but then read some reviews about them and ended up getting the Warm and Safe from Larry. First time I tried them was this weekend in 36 deg North Ga mountains and had to keep them at around half way. They are great - just ordered some socks since my toes almost fell off.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have the Gerbing glove liners. I had a pair of heated gloves but had to return them, they don't make them small enough for my itty-bitty hands, so they didn't warm my hands as they should have. I could feel some heat, but not enough to keep my fingers from getting really cold. So Glove liners it is for me and they work great! :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Does the Warm and Safe have the same lifetime warranty as the Gerbings ?
Warm and Safe Warranty - lifetime on the heating elements
3 years on the controller

Gerbing - lifetime on heating elements
3 years on the controller

Heated Liners are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of One year. Manufacturing defects in the wires are guaranteed for the life of the garment.

Warranty Information Heat-trollers

If a VERSION XTREME Heat-troller (ALL OTHER VERSIONS ARE WAY OUT OF WARRANTEE) fails due to faulty parts or manufacturing within 3 YEARS of your purchase we WILL replace or fix it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gerbing's G3 gloves

Sunday I rode for a short ride, 64 miles, starting out at 28 degrees at highway speeds up to 78 MPH. The tips of my fingers got cool, but not uncomfortable. A week ago I rode the back roads, 34 degrees at 55 MPH, my hands were very warm. At issue here is the jacket liner. I have the gloves connected to the liner. If I turn up the heat, the liner gets too warm. Over all I am very satisfied with the Gerbing's. JMHO.:)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I have the Gerbing liner and gloves, the classic gloves. They work fine, but my left glove doesn't seem to get as warm as my right one does. I've checked the circuit, etc and it all seems fine, it may just be me....

I see several of you like the G3... I hear it's thinner and easier to use... anyone have experience with the classic glove and changed to the G3 and like it better?

Also, is the Warm & Safe glove usable with the Gerbing connectors? If I bought their product, can I use it with the Gerbing jacket liner and controller?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
If your Gerbings has Coax connectors, They will work fine with Warm & Safe products.

Same with Harley, Aerostich, Warm Gear etc., All the major mfgr's now use Coax Connectors

I have the Gerbing liner and gloves, the classic gloves. They work fine, but my left glove doesn't seem to get as warm as my right one does. I've checked the circuit, etc and it all seems fine, it may just be me....

I see several of you like the G3... I hear it's thinner and easier to use... anyone have experience with the classic glove and changed to the G3 and like it better?

Also, is the Warm & Safe glove usable with the Gerbing connectors? If I bought their product, can I use it with the Gerbing jacket liner and controller?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I carry Two types of Warm & Safe heated gloves

The Ultimate Glove- Very light so you can "feel" the bike. Lightest heated glove I've seen.

The Classic Rider glove- Their cold weather glove, for riding constantly in 30 degrees and below. Has a little more insulation than the Ultimate glove. Still a light glove,

Also if you're a real cold weather rider, no matter what gloves you have, heated grips are a must. IMO.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have the first gear heated gloves(made by warm and safe) and they work great. My hands are never cold with them and the thumb heats nicely. Along with my heated grips my hands are always toasty.

I have the classic glove.

Fred

07 Blue Wing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts