GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a hartco seat and I knew I would lose the heated seat but now the grips are not working either. am wondering if unplugging the seat caused this problem and if anybody has a suggestion on how to fix it. Thank-you for any advise.

·
Vendor
22,510 Posts
Try turning OFF all the controls for heat to the seat, and then see if the grips work.

If that doesn't work, it probably means the controller needs the thermistor circuits in the seat to have continuity or else it shuts off the whole system.

I suspect a work around could be developed with out too much effort.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had my right hand grip heater die and the whole system quite working on my 06. You might need the seat to make it work or at least the controls out of it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Schrck,

Fred is correct in that the heated grips will not work with the seat thermistors disconnected from the heat controler. I fabricated a plug with 4 - 166K resistors replacing the thermistors in the circuit for a friend and this enabled the heated grips to work with a non-heated Ultimate seat. He's been using it for about a year now with no problems.

I have read that Lewis Preston of The Electrical Connection may be working on a fix for this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts