GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so ever since I took my Wing in for service, my heated grips and seat(s) are not heating. They replaced the right-hand control unit (cruise control) and had to remove the dash to do so. I lifted the dash and looked underneath to see if maybe they left the switch plug disconnected, but it appears to be connected. What else can I check?

Passenger seat heater is not working either.

Oh, I also checked both fuses labeled "heater"

·
Registered
677 Posts
If they had the seat off mite not have plugged in the seat tight enough. I'm have the opposite the driver seat will turn on by it's self & get real hot. :eek:4:

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just talked to the service rep at the Honda dealer and he says that the grips and seat will not heat at all unless it is below 55 degrees outside. Has anyone heard of that? I cannot swear that it was below 55 when we were trying to use them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is very easy to break the wires going to the grip heater. Broken wire = no heat at grips or seat. If they where working on the cruise control switch I would look to that grip for the problem.

·
Registered
114 Posts
55 and below !!

Yes !! That is what the guy told me when I get my wing just a few weeks ago !!! About the seats and grips!! Call a Honda shop, they'll tell you !!

I just talked to the service rep at the Honda dealer and he says that the grips and seat will not heat at all unless it is below 55 degrees outside. Has anyone heard of that? I cannot swear that it was below 55 when we were trying to use them.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Then if riding in upper Mich. and cold and rainy, You should feel heat in the grips and seat but, seat or backrest above some mysterious temp is not suppose to work, I have been told about on the forum but, even asking Honda customer service yielded no correct answer!

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is very easy to break the wires going to the grip heater. Broken wire = no heat at grips or seat. If they where working on the cruise control switch I would look to that grip for the problem.
Now THAT sounds like a VERY likely possibility.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I had much the same problem. In my case, the throttle grip failed. Honda ordered another grip and tested it, but it broke while being installed. The connection between the grip and cable seems to be very weak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts