GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a set of E/C heated grips which I haven't gotten around to installing yet, and I currently have a set of Kury ISO Grips on my bike.

question..........will I be able to feel a decent amount of heat thru these grips, or do I need to purchase a set of 'stock' grips?

Due to my hand size, I like the feel of a larger grip like the Kury.

Any feedback from those who have this combination?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,760 Posts
I installed a EC heated grip kit under a set of Kury chrome grips on a friends Wings. He says and has said it a few times now on different rides that he feels plenty of heat with the Kury chrome grips, even on the low setting.

To remove you Kury chrome grips use a thin flat blade screwdriver and stick it under the rubber edge of the chrome grips and lightly pry the rubber up a bit and spray some WD40 under the grip while working the screwdriver around the grips rubber edge and then push the screwdriver deeper and work it around the handlebar with some more WD40 and the chrome grip will pop right off in perfect shape.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I inslalled the same set up last month. Works very good down to around 30 degrees. At around 20 degrees, my hands started to feel chilled, but far better than with no heat. I don't have really good gloves yet, but Santa is coming!!

I used a small needle to inject WD40 under the rubber and let it sit for a couple hours before working them off. Worked really good. Cleaned off the old cement with a wire wheel. I got some grip cement from the local HD shop to put them back on. Make sure the throttle side has room for the wire to rotate freely. I'm a little tight, but seems to be working in.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
This is a really good thread with some wonderfully helpful responses. Thanks folks. :D

Todd

·
Registered
21,053 Posts
Hedo u will b saying why didn't i do this a long time ago !

Loren had the isogrip setup on his old orange wing and they worked fine

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input.............looks like I will keep the Kury's.

I had no trouble removing them - I had taken them off a couple of weeks ago - had used hairspray when I installed them.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Kind of hi-jacking this thread....sorry Hedo.... I bought a set of EC heaters recently and was wondering if I could install them "over the factory grips" but under the slip on foam covers from Grip-Tek. Anyone tried this. My first thought is that the Grip-Tek slip ons may not be able to take the heat. :?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have never tried it but I think I read here that using an air compressor to get grips on or off is helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts