GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '09 Wing w/Comfort Pkg. I've got approx. 500 mi. on it & it's performed flawlessly, until today.

The grips & seat have heated just fine, until today.

I went on a 250 mi. Patriot Guard ride today, leaving this am @ 38 degrees. The grips & seat heated like they should. My Gerbings kept my toes warm. All is well -or- so I thought.

About an hr. into the trip this morning I noticed my grips were not heating anymore. My seat heated just fine for the remainder of the trip. Ditto for my socks.

Upon return home, I searched the archives here & read the seat & grips are in series & fused on the same fuse ? I checked all fuses - couldn't find any blown. Since there's not that many fuses, I pulled'em all, one-by-one. Nothing blown.

I did remove the seat yesterday to install a trailer hitch. I "thought" I snapped the plug together until it snapped, nice'n'tightly. Is it possible the plug's not connected good - to allow the grips to stop working, yet the seat still works ?

My local dealer has very, very little experience w/Goldwings....... his bread'n'butter are dirt bikes...... Any suggestions/help to track down my grip/heat problem would sure be appreciated.

DW Taylor / '09 Wing / Farmington, MO

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
You might want to move this to the Tech board, I'm sure you can get help there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts