GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone. 2006 Goldwing nav, abs, heat package. Driver seat gets hot, passenger seat and backrest do not. Grips do not either. I've tested the continuity on both groups and nothing so i figure i need new oem heated grips. I opened the pocket on the right side in front of my knee, disconnected the clip to conduct the test. I repeated this for both grips. New oem grips are roughly $300/both. 2 questions.

1) Anyone know of any aftermarket heated grips that are plug and play into the existing wiring so i can still use the heat dial on the dash?

2) If i replace both grips do you think that will give me my rear seat back back to a functional state?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I can't speak for the '06 but on my '10 I have two temp controls right in front on the operator for grips and front seat heat. The rear seat heat is under the cubby left side below rear speaker. I think the ONLY connections between the grip heaters and that rear seat heater is the battery. BTW--- the seat heaters only heat the seat NOT the back rest!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW--- the seat heaters only heat the seat NOT the back rest!
Thanks for the reply. Any idea then why the backrest is wired up and plugged into the control dial under the passenger left side cubby? In order to remove the backrest I must unplug the backrest wiring. I tested the continuity on the wire running through the backrest and it's fine. Any idea what that's for?
Here's an OEM one for sale on eBay.

TIA

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The back of the passenger seat definitely heats. Just ask my wife.
My seat and grips acted up last fall(2019) and work now .. Seat doesn't seem to get as hot so i don't know what is going on with mine. At least it works but i can't fix what isn't completely broken i guess.

Maybe the tech guru will see your problem soon. @techdude2000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts