GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used another brand of heated jacket for the past couple of years... BUT just yesterday I ordered a Gerbing heated jacket along with the thermostat and battery hook up kit....

Does anybody know if my new Gerbing (battery) hook up, will fit my existing hook up power cord, so I don't have to pull out the battery to change it over?? I now have a trike, and the new trike kit covers the battery, making it bear to remove the battery to replace those + & - terminal cables.. thank you all.....

Ronnie

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have used another brand of heated jacket for the past couple of years... BUT just yesterday I ordered a Gerbing heated jacket along with the thermostat and battery hook up kit....

Does anybody know if my new Gerbing (battery) hook up, will fit my existing hook up power cord, so I don't have to pull out the battery to change it over?? I now have a trike, and the new trike kit covers the battery, making it bear to remove the battery to replace those + & - terminal cables.. thank you all.....

Ronnie
In December I bought a new Gerbing liner, gloves, dual controller, and wireless controller, too. Very nice. It plugs into a lead directly connected to the battery (per the mfgr's recommendation). The output end is round, with the negative on the outer conductor and the positive on the inner. There is no center pin like on some round cables (e.g., computer chargers). The Gerbing connector looks very, very similar to a lot of those universal wall chargers or power supplies you probably have/had for things like...Roku, box, security cameras, cordless phones, CO plug in monitors, accessory door chimes, etc. etc.--the list is endless.

So without seeing what you had, if it looks like what I've described, I'd guess it will work. Gerbing does NOT recommend using the flat, side by side connector type you usually see with battery maintainers, btw. The round type they do use is nice b/c whenever I step off the bike I inevitably forget I'm wired in and the connector fits tight enough to work while riding but easily pulls apart when I step away from the bike too far.

FWIW, I researched a lot of equipment before purchasing the Gerbing. I've been pretty happy. It does take some getting used to but has really extended my riding season (was out yesterday in Ohio and WV). Enjoy.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Most likely it should work. Most of the brands I've seen all use that same style barrel coax connector.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks U all

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok you folks are correct................. (I tested the jacket out today) Thankfully I didn't have to change out the battery connector.....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa nice and warm!

Thank you all!

Ronnie

·
Registered
558 Posts
Most likely it should work. Most of the brands I've seen all use that same style barrel coax connector.
Yes, pwhoever knows his stuff. Drilled holes in my GL1800 and FJR1300 for heated gear connectors rider and passenger for my Warm n Safe and Gerbing ports. Love plugging in as there is no comparison .

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, pwhoever knows his stuff. Drilled holes in my GL1800 and FJR1300 for heated gear connectors rider and passenger for my Warm n Safe and Gerbing ports. Love plugging in as there is no comparison .
Oh' yea, nothing better than being toasty warm while riding.............. I actually think it's funny to actually see peoples reactions, when I'm riding when it's very cold out, (they have no idea how warm I'm am) when I'm plugged in......Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

Ronnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts