GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:

My 06' Goldwing Airbag on order has the heated seat - if I replace with an aftermarket Diamond seat - will it work? will I just loose the heat option?

Thanks,
B

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
If you install a Diamond seat you will lose the heated seat, pass backrest, and heated grips!

Corbin makes a $1,400 heated seat that's compatible with the '06 controls.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would it effect the heated grips? Is it all on one circuit or something??

B

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, how difficult would it be to switch between the seats for different riding situations??

B

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
BrianGorrell said:
Is it all on one circuit or something??

B
Yep! :(

Lewis at Electrical Connection mentioned he might be working on something to bypass the seat heaters so we could still use the grips.

Also, how difficult would it be to switch between the seats for different riding situations??
If you find a comfortable seat, I really doubt you will be changing them around. Four bolts removes the seats. Two screws removes the pass backrest. The heater harness just unplugs.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Russell will use your existing heater system. Mine should be on the way back to me as we speak. I'll let you know how it works.

·
Registered
68 Posts
BrianGorrell said:
Question:

My 06' Goldwing Airbag on order has the heated seat - if I replace with an aftermarket Diamond seat - will it work? will I just loose the heat option?

Thanks,
B
I just got a new passenger backrest from Diamond they installed the heating elements on the new backrest and it works just fine. Corbin seats are like sitting on a 2X4 giving me splinters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts