GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't see them in the parts list on HDL. Are you asking because you want to install heated seats or are repairing?? There are aftermarket seat heaters you can get that can be installed in a GL1800.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
2009= Warranty replacement of the seat:shrug:
No-must buy the whole seat!
I assume you know for sure the element is bad? Never heard of just a bad element before!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I agree. Very unusual for the element to go. Try doing a search for GL1800 heated seats. Among other things there is a fix for the factory seat heaters which invovles soldering a resistor to increase the heat output (Fred Harmon). When they first came out apparently there was a big problem with very low heat output from the factory heaters.

I have aftermarket seat heaters and while simpler in design, 2 heat settings, it puts out big time.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
2009= Warranty replacement of the seat:shrug:
No-must buy the whole seat!
I assume you know for sure the element is bad? Never heard of just a bad element before!

The seat element has been faulty in the past,just because You haven't heard of it doesn't mean other have not had the seat replaced under warranty after the dealer has checked or replaced every other part related to the seat to get the seat working again.

No-Honda does not sell just the element.They only sell it as a whole seat.
Just like you can't buy "A" piece of the rear shock.you have to buy the whole assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts