GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Electrical connection sells a jumper that you can use to jump out the seat connector, however it sounds like that portion of your seat is working (the sensor section). Since you turn it on and everything shuts down, sounds like you may have a shorted wire - pulls excessive current and shuts the system down. There are heated seats showing up from time to time here on the board, and you may find someone with a really beat up seat (cover wise) that still has a good heating element that will send the seat to you for the cost of postage. Then you can pull the covers off and swap them (covers or heaters).

I do have a heated seat and backrest I can loan you to assist with your troubleshooting if desired. Wife is wanting to take a drive up north towards Vasser - maybe I can drop it off if interested. Offer's open - let me know.

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
When I had my seat redone by Tom Simmons he said he sees a lot of the seats where the rider has sat on the riser section at the back of the seat (the lower back section) and has broken the wires there. Just an info item.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts