GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have comfort package on my Goldwing. My passenger and I note little if any heat coming from the seat even when each is turned to max. Thought they weren't working at all but took a long trip and I now think that the heat is barely detectable. The heating elements are plugged in. Heated grips work great. Are these just weak seat heaters or are mine not in specs? Will they only come on if outside temperature is below a certain number? Is there a pressure switch so that seats will only turn on if seat is occupied? Thanks,

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a 06 with the heated seats.........they work fine. I read on this board that the heat is dependent on the outside temperature and if someone is seated on the seat.

During the summer when I got my new bike I turned the heated seat on to max (in Lousiana in 95 degree temp), I could not tell if the sear heated or not, but I went to North Carolina in October; the seat works front and rear.

Freddy

·
Registered
484 Posts
I thought the same thing when I first go bike. Then as the fall season progressed, I noticed the colder it is outside, the hotter the seats get. The hand grips don't seem to sense outside temp however. Also, the passanger seat does not get hot if nobody is sitting on it. Ride your bike in 20 or 30 degree temp, the seat will get nice and toasty. Makes the assumption that nothing is on your butt more than jeans. Any covering or air pillow on seat will not let heat through by the way.

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
i heard that there is some kind of fix for this problem, some sort of heat controlling device near the battery needs to be replaced on some bikes, maybe try to have your dealer call Honda tech support, they are aware of the problem and should b able to get u fixed up pretty quick

·
Registered
71 Posts
The first time I took the seat off my '06, I noticed that the heated seat was unplugged. If you haven't had your seat off, you might want to check that.

Brian

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had my 06 on the Oregon coast in the cold and wet. I can say that it gets plenty warm. I use a snow mobile suit in the cold weather and I can still feel the heat. When I get off and it's raining out I get a little steam off the seat when I first get off. Made the mistake of leaving my helmet on it ONE TIME. Fogged it up real bad.

·
Registered
736 Posts
jarobbins said:
Have comfort package on my Goldwing. My passenger and I note little if any heat coming from the seat even when each is turned to max. Thought they weren't working at all but took a long trip and I now think that the heat is barely detectable. The heating elements are plugged in. Heated grips work great. Are these just weak seat heaters or are mine not in specs? Will they only come on if outside temperature is below a certain number? Is there a pressure switch so that seats will only turn on if seat is occupied? Thanks,
Take it back to the dealer I really suspect that it is covered under the warranty!

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
ckb96124 said:
The first time I took the seat off my '06, I noticed that the heated seat was unplugged. If you haven't had your seat off, you might want to check that.

Brian
I don't think the grips would heat if that were the case. Back to the dealer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Same observation here. Stealer said seats are adjustable from warm to roast. We've never roasted, and it's hard to tell if they even come on. I think they work, wife says hers seems to, but who the hell knows???

J

·
0 Posts
Anyone can tell mine are working just by touching them, no matter the outside temp.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You have to be sitting on it to feel the heat. When you compress the foam the heat migrates thru. When you first get off of the bike, you can then feel the warmth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts