GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know on the ultimate website they say they are working with supplier to develop something, with no timetable in mind. I really liked my Corbins i have had but would like to keep stock controls. Does anyone know of a seat that uses stock controls yet? Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
I read somewhere that RDL (Russell Day Long) seats can keep it. That somewhere was on FB in the 2018-2019 Honda Gold Wing group.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
My RDL retains the factory controls, I would not buy a seat that didn't.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,543 Posts
Me too! It can’t be that hard to do, can it?? :surprise:
It appears the heating panels that work with the bikes electrical system are so high tech that nobody seems able to duplicate the heating panels.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have my seat at RDL now. You send them your seat and they rebuild it. They keep the OEM heating elements. That is why you can still use the OEM controls. I also would not buy a seat unless it utilizes the factory controls. So far, no companies can get their heated seat to work with factory controls. Best they can to is send a plug that will stop the dash light from flashing since the new seat isn't hooked in to the canbus system. I don't know what makes it so difficult, but it must be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts