GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up a new 09 Wing shortly. I do not have heated seats on my 06 Wing but have been using the Wally World beaded seats covers in hot weather and was wondering if they would damage the electronics in a heated seat? I assume that the heat is generated by running a current through a metalic grid within the seat and would like to know if the beads could damage the grid? Our weight shouldn't be an issue at 125 for her and 165 for me.

Thanks in advance.
ChuckR

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I have the heated seat on my 06 and use the Wallyworld seat cushion. It won't hurt the heated seat at all, but it you use the cushion with the heat on you won't get any heat. The cushion won't transfer the heat from the seat. The seat doesn't get that warm to start with much less with a 1" thick pad over it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I have the airhawk pad with air pockets and it just seems to slowly heat up the air in the pad. Quite comfortable actually, but not as speedy as the seat itself heating up.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I have never heard of the bead seat cover doing any harm to the seat in any way. I know several riders who use them, and have never seen a problem other than one of the clips that you clip to the seat wore a hole in the seat cover from one once. I think the newer ones have plastic clips though, the one that went through the seat was a metal S type fastener.

Kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts