GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 59 degrees this morning and I got to try the heated seat for the first time. I put it on max and it did not feel like it got very hot. It felt just barely warm. The dealer installed a Utopia seat and I'm wandering if they cut some wires in the seat. How hot should the seat get?

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Welcome to the comfort system:nojoke:
The colder it gets, the warmer the seat will feel.
But, when it's really cold, my winter riding suit blocks the heat from the seat.
Also, that's not the part of my anatomy that great cold in winter anyway.
What a waste.
Oh, no wires were cut or it, nor the grips would work at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, The grips work fine. They almost get hot.
I was just worried that something got cut.
Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mine gets .pretty warm...I rarely have it all the way up,
this time of year....great addition for me. I put my Utopia
on myself

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Maybe I should have it checked out. They will probably just tell me it's normal though. Thats what they said about all the other grips I've had.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
My grips work fine even through the grip puppies.
If you do a search you will find a thread on how to rework your seat to get a lot more heat. But, be aware, if you do have a failure of the comfort system and that mod is found, most likely warranty claim will be denied.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want do anything to void the warranty. Got 3 years to go. I'll check out the seat mod though

·
Registered
850 Posts
After market seats react differently.
The dealer installed a Utopia seat and I'm wandering if they cut some wires in the seat. How hot should the seat get?
My mustang will heat up up. Stock seat needed turned to 3; mustang is a 1, then it is almost too hot. My grips are good with the gripe puppies.

tfdeputydawg is right on as usual.
dd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts