GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make an aftermarket heated seat (rider and co-rider) for the 2018 DCT Tour that interfaces with the bikes heating system?

Lots of heated seats, but can't find one the works with the existing system.

A corollary question. If no one makes such a seat... Why not?:frown2:

Reactions: Nate Mayo

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I believe I have seen posts where Ultimate plans to release such seats "soon".

As to why now; consider the relatively low numbers of new generation Wings on the street now, then the limited percentage of these that will be in market for a new saddle. Then the options of having the woefully inadequate stock seat improved professionally plus the other limited options for non integrated better seats and you have a market that is very small at this time. The financial incentive is small.

prs

·
Registered
963 Posts
Diamond/Hartco custom motorcycle seats is planning on offering this on their seats, when their vendor is able to provide the heating units.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
IIRC, EC is working on a plug and play element for the seat makers. Apparently the going is slow.

There are a couple that are able to remove your donor seat heating element and reuse it. I've seen a heating element for the 2018. If a wire is broken during the removal process, the whole element might then be junk. IDK. That is probably why so many builders are waiting for an aftermarket element.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
RDL has been doing that for years :grin2:

Attachments

Reactions: Nate Mayo

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I believe I have seen posts where Ultimate plans to release such seats "soon".

As to why now; consider the relatively low numbers of new generation Wings on the street now, then the limited percentage of these that will be in market for a new saddle. Then the options of having the woefully inadequate stock seat improved professionally plus the other limited options for non integrated better seats and you have a market that is very small at this time. The financial incentive is small.

prs
nope. this isnt true. if that were the case no one would be making a seat for it. every major player is making or planning on making a seat for the bike. they wouldnt go through the expensive process of making a seat but not connecting to it electronically because the demand isnt there. if the demand is there for the seat, the demand is there for the heat to work.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I have a Russel Day Long seat that uses my OEM heat and I love the seat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts