GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had heated grips on my '03 and use them maybe 8-10 times a year.

Now that heated seats have been around for awhile, and for those riders that have them, what do think about them, is it over-kill?

Cheers!

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I think the seat and the grips are great! My finger tips still get a little cold though - along with my legs. I'm thinking of getting some Gerbing stuff anyway for longer rides. But going to and from work when it's below freezing (15-20 minute ride) the seat and grips are great.

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
probably use heated grips 100 times per year and they work great, the best $30 spent on my motorcycle

my next wing will also have a heated seat, seems like a great idea, i have parked in the sun at a resturant on a cold day and boy sitting on that nice warm seat feels great when it's time to leave

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Heated grips and seats are good for cooler weather, but you can't beat Gerbings for warmth...I have a 07 with the comfort group and like I said, the grips and seats are good for short rides or when you get caught out and the weather turns cool on the way home....

But, heated clothing is GREAT....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KYBLUE said:
But, heated clothing is GREAT....
This I can believe.
The heated grips I have warm the inside of my hands, but the outside (thump) gets cold, but then I don't use winter riding gloves either.
Oh well, in couple weeks my riding will be over for this year once the snow and salt comes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
cycledude said:
probably use heated grips 100 times per year and they work great, the best $30 spent on my motorcycle
Where can i get these heated grips for $30 ?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i like my heated seat, but the wife complains that hers does not feel like it is getting warm even on MAX. I am not sure if she is not heavy enough, or if her seat is not connected....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rinkopr said:
i like my heated seat, but the wife complains that hers does not feel like it is getting warm even on MAX. I am not sure if she is not heavy enough, or if her seat is not connected....
-----------------------------------------------------
Same thing here! My grips and heated seat work GREAT and I wouldn't want to be without. I just had a new rear heat controller installed, but the wife still doesn't get enough heat.
I didn't use the seat heat much at first, but boy is it nice. I also like wearing thinner gloves when using the heated grips.
Anybody have any ideas why the rear seat doesn't heat up like the front?

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
IFLY said:
cycledude said:
Where can i get these heated grips for $30 ?
i had the dual star on my orange wing

and had kury iso grips over them

they still worked very well

i used a heat troller controller

it allows much more adjustment to be dialed in

i like to use heated grips when it rains, it helps keep the gloves drier,

i have a 06 with the heated seat, i feel the heat, but thats not what gets cold on me

i dont use the seat ever for heat

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Is it possible to disconnect the wires for the seat, and use the Honda factory wiring and controlers for Gerbing Heated jackets?

I know that sounds stupid, but I would rather use the controls that are already there if possible. It's not the money issue, just the clean install that I like, and the wife complains the seat doesn't get warm enough for her.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Rinkopr said:
There is only one large connector for your heated seats if yours works hers should. My rear seat partner has never had that complaint. Just a guess here, it might be the thermostatic control of of calibration. Terry 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts