GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a heated jacket and gloves and love them both, but was curious about heated socks. If you have them, I'd like to know how much you use them. Also, I was curious as to how thick they are. I have neuropathy (nerve pain) in my feet and thick socks tend to make my feet hurt a lot worse.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have the Gerbing heated socks. I use them anytime the temperature is below 45*. The part of the sock that is on your foot is about the thickness of regular socks - the top part up your leg is made of thin nylon (no heat in this area).

·
IronMan
19,408 Posts
I wear insulated boots with wool socks. Havent needed to wear heated socks yet. Been in mid/upper 20's - no problem-

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought some warm & safe heated socks, they are very thin. But I haven't used them.

Instead I found that the Baker foot wings, and the opened foot heaters keep my feet toasty warm, much warmer then just opening the heaters, which really didn't seem to do much at all.

So my recommendation is buy the foot wings, or you could buy my unused heated socks. :lol:

Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.