GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a Widder heated vest. The plug in is attached to the battery with an "in-line" fuse. When she turns on the rheostat we can hear some light buzzing in our intercom system... Anybody out there have the same problem and is there as "in-line" noise suppressor that can be added? Didn't seem to buzz on our '96 SE...

Thanks in advance for your input...

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The controller is probably generating RF noise that is being picked up by the low-level microphone circuit. You can try moving the controller further away from the headset pigtail.

If the Widder controller is older, you might think about upgrading to a newer unit with a better design like the Heattroller or Gerbing units.

The other thing to check is your battery connections - a weak connection (especially the ground) may contribute to this as well.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I use Widder gloves and find that I get a buzz in my headset when I move a glove near the headset. I occasionally use a Widder vest; I don't remember the buzz getting any worse with the vest. I've got a feeling that the problem is caused by the headset cord lieing against the vest.

You may just have to settle for that warm, buzzy feeling!

(Sorry - I couldn't help myself! :lol: )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts