GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D HI ALL, can i run my electric vest off of the pigtail that i have hooked to my bike that came with my battery tender ?? i have the connection to the pigtail straight off of the battery and sticking out of my side cover for easy access to keep battery fully charged during the cooler months. i would also guess that since i dont have a temp controller it would be wide open heat all the time :? ???? it is a eclipse vest and a gl1800 2005. tia.
todd

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
The battery tender cable CAN NOT handle the load for a heated liner/vest.
You need to use the battery harness that comes with the Heat Controller.

My Warm & Safe liner will get waaay to hot without a Heat troller control.
It will be on high all the time without one.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
tourman said:
The battery tender cable CAN NOT handle the load for a heated liner/vest.
You need to use the battery harness that comes with the Heat Controller.
:?: :?: :?:

I just used a fused pigtail with 12 gauge wire off the battery for years; that's about the same as the battery tender. I still don't use a heat-troller (simple Aerostich on/off switch) but the wife uses one with her Gerbings.
I think he'd be fine and dandy with the bt pigtail as long as it's 14 gauge or better.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I have a Warm & Safe Liner- There's no way I could use just a off/on switch. It get to hot! I like the adjustable Heat Troller control.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Since the Battery Tender harness uses a 3 amp fuse, you would not be able to run anything with more than a 36 watt load without popping the fuse. My guess is the wiring is 18 guage. 55 watts is the most I would feel comfortable with on 18 guage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts