GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Getting my 18 GW moved to LA by Haulbikes. They have a limit of 58" for the height. I think that the Tour might be below that with the stock windscreen, but I am not sure since the bike is being stored at a friends house. Can someone do me a favor and measure the height of the bike with the stock screen on? My buddy measured 61" with my F4 on but I think he may have not measured accurately since I have it on the centerstand.

Now that I think about it, the height would be relative to how much the suspension is being compressed, but I assume it is the height of an unladen bike.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Getting my 18 GW moved to LA by Haulbikes. They have a limit of 58" for the height. I think that the Tour might be below that with the stock windscreen, but I am not sure since the bike is being stored at a friends house. Can someone do me a favor and measure the height of the bike with the stock screen on? My buddy measured 61" with my F4 on but I think he may have not measured accurately since I have it on the centerstand.

Now that I think about it, the height would be relative to how much the suspension is being compressed, but I assume it is the height of an unladen bike.

Here are the measurements I just took in the garage.
I get 57 inches tall with the Tour (with stock 20 inch shield) on the center stand.
And 54.5 inches with the Tour balanced, upright, not tied down, on it's wheels.

When the bike is tied down into a front wheel chock, it should be somewhere around 53 inches tall, depending if they compress the suspension in the front.
So. it looks like you will be good to go.
Jefro.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
When the bike is tied down into a front wheel chock, it should be somewhere around 53 inches tall, depending if they compress the suspension in the front.
There is no front wheel suspension to compress. The bike's body will compress, but not the front end. It is as solid as a rock.

·
Registered
471 Posts
.....There is no front wheel suspension to compress. It is as solid as a rock......
Well, if you say so.....

It really depends where on the bike they tie it down in the truck.
Front wheel, front fork holder, handlebars, tip over bars, etc...
By the way, what were your measurements for Spork?
Didn't bother?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Well, if you say so.....

It really depends where on the bike they tie it down in the truck.
Front wheel, front fork holder, handlebars, tip over bars, etc...
When was the last time you trailered a 2018+? I do it quite often. It makes NO DIFFERENCE if the yoke or front wheel are strapped. The front end DOES NOT COMPRESS. The bike's body DOES, so if the Goldstrike tiedowns OR the crash guards are used, it WILL compress the suspension.

And if you have trailered, you should know to NOT use the handlebars, unless you think Honda is wrong on their warnings. Honda recommends 2 methods of tieing down a bike. One is the yoke method the other is the crash bar method. Both can be found by searching the forum.

By the way, what were your measurements for Spork?
Didn't bother?
Nice deflection. Are you unsure of your measurements? If my bike wasn't already secured for a trip tomorrow, I would measure it. I use BOTH the yoke method AND the Goldstrike tiedown method on my Rampage. The slide in my RV doesn't allow for room to get in and measure...not to mention the Rampage is on an incline.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys fellas, I am swapping out my F4 tomorrow for the clear. I'd just take it off, but I don't want to bother with shuttling the windscreens around if i can avoid it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts