GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI after looking at these bars with the March 19 issue of Rider rag coming in the mailbox today (I know it is only Jan 19) on page 58 New & Cool they were featured which prompted me to order a set. I guess now they have a 2nd gen of them which let you choose which way you want to go. The 2nd gen works two ways set them as Sport or Tour when installed and can be changed at the riders wishes. $129 plus shipping bottom line arriving @ $140 to my door. I am sort of right on the border between my Tour being OK and getting a pain between the shoulder on my 75 yr old frame. Hopefully these will right the ship.

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Please report back in a few months how they feel.

Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
356 Posts
I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had mine installed last weekend
I was able to put the backrest where it belongs,
further back,
and sit in the whole seat rather than the front portion of it.
I am really excited about the noticeable improvement while just sitting on the bike.
I had it put in the tour position

·
Registered
804 Posts
A winner no doubt:yes1:. I'm almost 74, 5'10" & about 185 lbs. Installed them myself (which means anybody can do it) and haven't looked back. That ache in the back you mentioned is long gone. Go for it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
No doubt they help on the position of your arms & shoulders. However, I hope the second generation is made more precise than the first generation which I have never been able to stop from rubbing on the bottom of the console even after removing the two front screws from the console. :serious: :frown2: :crying:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not even close to a problem on mine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The only problem with my stock bar setup is my right wrist gets to paining me after about 1/2 hour of riding. I would like the bars straightened out some. To get rid of some of the bend in wrist??

·
Registered
139 Posts
The only problem with my stock bar setup is my right wrist gets to paining me after about 1/2 hour of riding. I would like the bars straightened out some. To get rid of some of the bend in wrist??

The sport setting does just that - the downside is you don't get as much sweep back, but it fixed my wrist pain.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is there any 6'2"+ people out there that find advantages to having Helibars? No dealers by me have these so I have to depend on riders for real world information.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I put Helibars on my DCT after the first 500 miles or so, and they made the bike SOOOOOOO much more comfortable. Worth every freaking penny in my opinion. Honda should really just have the bike geometry set up exactly like this from the factory.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just because it works for some doesn’t mean it’ll work for all.
That said... adjustable handlebars from an OEM is a great idea. Especially on a bike like this.

Reactions: MileCruncher

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I'm seriously considering getting these HeliBars. I have just over 500 miles on my '20 Tour DCT and I'm noticing that my right wrist starts to hurt after 20-30 minutes on the bike. My back also starts to hurt. I do not have this issue on my '05 VTX. I'm 6'1" and I've always thought these type of mods were for people who were shorter so they didn't have to reach so far. After reading this thread, I'm thinking these may help my pains.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I currently have the Helibars Tour Performance Handlebar risers set on the touring setting (These risers have the tour and sport settings). Next Month, if all goes right, I am riding up to Cornish Maine to have the Horizon SST Handlebars for the 2018+ Gold Wings installed. The Horizon SST Handlebars will give me the adjustability I had on the Helibars mounted on a 2015 Gold Wing.

Reactions: MileCruncher

·
Registered
43 Posts
No doubt they help on the position of your arms & shoulders. However, I hope the second generation is made more precise than the first generation which I have never been able to stop from rubbing on the bottom of the console even after removing the two front screws from the console. :serious: :frown2: :crying:
your solution for this is explained in following video from Helibars :

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just wondering. . . are HEILbars the German version of HELIbars?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Tim

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm just curious???? What rubs? I installed mine and after I read this, I went and looked.. Nothing even comes close to rubbing so I was wondering what is actually rubbing on yours so I can look at mine and be sure. I made a video of my installation and put it on this forum when I did it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm just curious???? What rubs? I installed mine and after I read this, I went and looked.. Nothing even comes close to rubbing so I was wondering what is actually rubbing on yours so I can look at mine and be sure. I made a video of my installation and put it on this forum when I did it.
See the explanation in the video from Helibars

1 - 20 of 22 Posts