GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip down to Helena and If I remember from the last time I was down there, there is a popular twisty road that's a must do.

Looking for the name/number.

thanks

Burt

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Never heard of "Helena" but do know of and where "Helen" is. Might Helen be where you're headed ??

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Yes, Helen is a very nice area for MC'ing. The roads will get you if you are not careful.... BE SAFE !!!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in East Tennessee. We have the Dragon and other roads that will get you. So I'm well aware.

Upon looking closely at the map I see hwy 348 out of Helen. Worth the detour?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I was looking at maps and can't find Hwy 60?? I see 17, 75, 75 alt, 129, 348, 356
You would want to include 356 to 197 around Lake Burton then east on 76 to Clayton, south on Old 441 to Tiger. Stop and get a biscuit in Tiger and consider the tough choice of taking Bridge Creek Rd back to Lake Burton or taking Old 441 south to Lake Rabun Rd - Seed Lake Rd back to 197.

Helen is really weekend crowded but some of these little roads around the area make up for it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I live in East Tennessee. We have the Dragon and other roads that will get you. So I'm well aware.

Upon looking closely at the map I see hwy 348 out of Helen. Worth the detour?
Oh Yes. Also known as Richard B. Russell Scenic Highway.... Any of the roads around Helen are great... Try any and you will fall in love with the area..

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Wow! that area has some really nice MCing roads.....added to my list of go-to ride roads! Thanks OP for bringing the area up and other posters for adding some really nice riding roads. Smokin Joes BBQ in Blairsville is one stop I'm looking forward too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts