GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made reservations for heli bars to be installed while at Rogers Ride In. Keith, from Goldwing Werks will install them on Thursday. I have short arms, this should solve the problem of reaching forward.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Sure hope it works for you Gene and makes riding more comfortable .... I don't want any complaints from you on our long road trip later in the year :)

Donnie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
IronMan
17,453 Posts
I LIKE BUT $$$$$$$$$$ JUST TO MUCH FOR ME !! CAN DO BUTT BURNER WITHOUT PAIN SO HAVE TO PASS . TRIED AT DAYTONA ARE I LIKED!!! TO BAD HONDA DOESNT PUT AT LEAST SWIVEL AT TREE .:cry:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, it will fix all kind of issues, He did mine a few weeks ago, I am still fine tuning them., I dont reach as far and can stay "laid back" for cruising...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to hear that they did the job for you, looking forward to getting them installed. As I get older having more pain in arms and shoulder while riding.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I made reservations for heli bars to be installed while at Rogers Ride In. Keith, from Goldwing Werks will install them on Thursday. I have short arms, this should solve the problem of reaching forward.
I didn't measure the additional pull back but it seems that I may have gained an inch or so over the pull back offere by the plain riser kit I had installed. I think the additional pull back was actually gained from the additional height (bars closer to the shoulders) than the bars actually being further rearward.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm going to try and do the install myself once I get my bike. I already got the bars in before the bike. The dealer won't install them cause I did not buy them from him :shrug:. Maybe Keith would be like the tv series on DIY where they travel around and give you a new backyard or kitchen. He promised me that even a caveman could do it so we shall see. I'll have to do the install bright and early when my wife leaves for work so I don't have to explain the buy :oops:.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Sure hope it works for you Gene and makes riding more comfortable .... I don't want any complaints from you on our long road trip later in the year :)

Donnie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:agree::lol:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm going to try and do the install myself once I get my bike. I already got the bars in before the bike. The dealer won't install them cause I did not buy them from him :shrug:. Maybe Keith would be like the tv series on DIY where they travel around and give you a new backyard or kitchen. He promised me that even a caveman could do it so we shall see. I'll have to do the install bright and early when my wife leaves for work so I don't have to explain the buy :oops:.
You may have something there. It would be very cool to ride around the country installing Heli Bars. I can install one in Georgia and one in NC. I just need a few more in that area to make it worth it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
OK Kieth tell us more about them and price and maybe you will be installing more than just one that weekend?
Heli Bars will be $795 installed. This is full retail price however you can save $100 plus with the free install. If you prefer to purchase just the Heli Bars without installation please contact me for pricing.

Keith K Engelke
Goldwing Werks
phone 281-384-7846

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Heli bar's

Hi Keith, don't forget me!!! I will be there hopefully wed, and I also will be giving you a call

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'll have to do the install bright and early when my wife leaves for work so I don't have to explain the buy :oops:.
LOL....

Not hi jacking this thread but had to laugh. I thought I was the only one that did that....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts