GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was never happy with the look of my plastic fork covers after installing the Heli Bar risers, it just looks sloppy so I took some edging and glued it on and around the fork cover cutout portion. I like the look much better.

The pics show the before and after looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm one of the fools who cut their cover backwards by using the template wrong, so I don't even have mine on. I was going to buy a new cover but I've yet to actually order it.

Your solution does look good, if I ever get a new cover I might do something similar.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Leave it off?! I did. Can’t tell it was ever there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm one of the fools who cut their cover backwards by using the template wrong, so I don't even have mine on. I was going to buy a new cover but I've yet to actually order it.

Your solution does look good, if I ever get a new cover I might do something similar.
Ditto here, and I dont miss the cover bought a new one but probaly aint gonna install it

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
It sort of makes me glad I went with the other brand.... But the real reason I went with the other brand first was not liking the fact that Heli twists the grip angle to an unnatural position. I did not want to alter my wrist angle that direction. But when Heli makes adjustable bar replacements..... like the prior model. I will consider it. I am just a little fearful of what the cost will be.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was never happy with the look of my plastic fork covers after installing the Heli Bar risers, it just looks sloppy so I took some edging and glued it on and around the fork cover cutout portion. I like the look much better.

The pics show the before and after looks.
A few months ago someone posted some plastic caps that would fit over the exposed bolts that screw into the Heli Bar Risers at the base of the handle bars . I think it was from a big box store like Home Depot. They snapped into place and looked professional. Anybody remember the thread? I intended to pick up a set but don't remember what they are called.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I also!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I just left off the cover too. I never notice it. I think it looks better to leave it off than to have the jagged edges. Its almost impossible to get a perfect cut.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts