GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but couldn't find anything, looking for a review on the gen 2 helibars. It seems too reduce the rearward angle of the bars, has any one tried them yet, I thought I saw a post here but can't find it. Thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
I just put a set on my 2019 trike. I ordered a new set direct from Helibars and had them in a few days. Instructions are easy to follow and the spacers can be installed in about an hour. The new set I bought are called Gen 2.0 but there is a previous set out there that have two positions for the bars, "sport" and "tour" I just came across a set of these in the classified section and bought them as well to see whats up with 2 mounting positions. It appears that Heli don't make the 2 positions set anymore? Now the new style with only the "tour" position move the bars forward just a little and change the angle back towards you. The older style with the "sport" position moves the bars forward a little but also angles the away from you, which I like a lot because I have long arms. Pictures of the new style and the older version...

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed mine Monday and love them. I don’t have to reach out for the bars. I’ve put about 400 miles of curves on the bike since I put them on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed mine the other day as well and love them. I guess I have shorter than average arms. When I rode, in between my shoulders would burn like ****. Not anymore.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I just ordered a set, should be here today. Did anybody have any problems installing the Helibars? Did you use the short or long method?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just ordered a set, should be here today. Did anybody have any problems installing the Helibars? Did you use the short or long method?
Short method for sure. Very easy install. DON'T DROP A SCREW! You'll never see it again.

Reactions: saafrican

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just order a set yesterday from Wingstuff, free shipping $119.00. Cyclemax was $129.00 free shipping.
Had them on my 2008 wing. I'm 5' 9" and wanted a little more bend in my elbows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
helibars

Saw a you tube showing a new Helibar setup. Moves the new bars about 4 inches back and up. Don't know when they will be in production. Whole new set of round chrome bars. No change of wiring. About $750.00 +-.

·
Registered
597 Posts
On my 15 F6B I spent that much for the bars to get the comfort I needed but on the new 19 the comfort is there already. I added the spacers more as a "how does this feel" kinda thing and they do indeed help and well worth the $120 I spent on them. Biggest improvement will be the seat, which is being made now,... my butt can hardly wait!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts