GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got them on with no clearance issues yay,,, but the instructions and what I’ve seen in YouTube all have DCT. So my question is do you run the clutch hose like the brake hose on the right side? Over the top?

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
I'm sure somebody will come along and provide the direction you need. In the meantime, I would reach out to Helibar and get it from the "horse's mouth" sort of speaking. I have the Helibar risers on my 2018 DCT Tour. I had the full monty Helibars on my 2012 GL1832 and when I had questions about the installation I called Helibar and was given a prompt response to the (?'s). Hope you get your answer and you get back out on the road on this marvelous machine!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took ur advice and shot them an email. Now I wait....ugh

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes you run it same as the brake side. Another tip...there is a small bracket under the console that routes all the cables. I loosened it and moved it slightly to the clutch side to pick up a very little bit of slack.....tightened in that position.....then ran my clutch cable as seen in the pick. Just enough room to route it cleanly. There are also two markings on the supplied template to trim the plastic cover...one for DCT and one with the cut out for the clutch line for the MT.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhh that’s how I did it, but I didn’t move the bracket... think I should go back in?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only reason I moved the bracket a little, was the bend in my clutch hose around the outer edge was much tighter than the brake side. It was slightly pinched and making that slight adjustment alleviated that issue. If yours is not pinched, or in a bind, I would “ride on”!

·
Registered
66 Posts
BTW you will love the risers.....that is by far my favorite mod I have done so far, with the ultimate seat second. Can ride for hours on this setup!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Funny you should mention it, just got back from visiting my folks (took the bike) and I feel its increased not just my comfort, but my control. I like the Utopia, but I’m really only feeling it when I accelerate rapidly. Maybe this helps my back too...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree....Also, I could not enjoy my backrest fully until I installed them as well. I was driving more straight armed.....now correct bend and posture. Perfect for my body type.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts