GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of the Helibar risers when they first came out. Better for me than the stock position but still not exactly where I want the bars. Bought the big bike parts risers put them on and did not like them at all. Now I am thinking of getting the Gen 2 risers from heli. Anyone have experience on the difference between the first and latest Helirisers? I would like the grips moved slightly out and forward from where the original risers put them.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
When you say "Original" risers, are they the 2 position version? If so, have you used both positions? IIRC, the Gen 2 has one hole that is between the 2 positions of the other risers.

·
Registered
572 Posts
There is not gonna be enough difference in the two models that’s gonna make you happy i feel. The first gen had a sport position that pushes the bars further away from you. Even further away then the oem position. The tour brings them closer to you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is not gonna be enough difference in the two models that’s gonna make you happy i feel. The first gen had a sport position that pushes the bars further away from you. Even further away then the oem position. The tour brings them closer to you.
There are actually 3 versions of these risers. The 2nd version had the dual bolt pattern. I bought them when they first came out without the dual pattern. About 2 months later they came out with the dual bolt pattern (sport/tour) Then they stopped making them for what they call the Gen 2. My question is what is the difference between the very first version and the "gen 2" models.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had the Gen 1 on my '18 6 spd & have the Gen 2 on my '19 DCT. Not sure what the difference is (in the tour position on the Gen 1) but I like them better. Just a bit more comfortable than the Gen 2 for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine when they first came out in 2018. One position only....it brought the handle bars back 2" and a fraction... and raised them about 3/4";.and for me much better than stock. I am 5'10" 29"inseam and stocky build. My dealer thanked me many times on ordering them, as one person bought a new Goldwing because it was much comfortable for him instead of stock If they would have moved the bar further away, I would have never bought them. I was kind of jealous when the 2 positions ones came out....but I am better off in my opinion. I paid about $80 for them when they came out. I see Heli have handlebars made for the 2018 Goldwing...maybe someday.....

·
Registered
570 Posts
I bought a set of the "2 hole" version from a member on here and they arrived at the exact same time that a newer version set I ordered and forgot about. I put on the newer set with only one hole and I think I'm going to sell the other set in the classifieds section. I wish I had tried them both then I could offer up input on the difference??
IMG_3007.jpg

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you are tall and wide like me just save some time and money and go with the SST set.
A great pull back and much better grip angle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts