GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of getting the Helibars for my 2005 Wing. It appears that there are two models - one set for the GL1800 and one set for the F6B. I recall reading that the only difference between the two models is that the F6B allows for handlebar weights to be added. I have after-market heated grips that currently have the weights on them. I would like to keep the grips and the weights. Should I order the set for the F6B?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Mike

·
Registered
502 Posts
No matter which one you put on you will love them I have them on my 05 Wing and it was one of the best accessories that I have installed on the bike, sure they are expensive but if you ride a lot they are well worth the money they cost for the comfort you will get out of them. JMO.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes, get the set made for the F6B ....... After I installed my Helibars, I contacted the manufacturer and told him that I wanted the bar end weights. So, I ordered just the round handlebars for the F6B and got them shipped to me. Manufacturer said the actual round handlebars the grips mount on is the only difference between the two ........
They are longer for the F6B to accept the end weights .......

·
Registered
43 Posts
I currently have the Kuryakyn clamshell grips (the ones that go over the stock grips) and the bar weights that attach to them. I had assumed the GL1800 ones would work with that setup, but now you've got me wondering. Any idea on this?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I currently have the Kuryakyn clamshell grips (the ones that go over the stock grips) and the bar weights that attach to them. I had assumed the GL1800 ones would work with that setup, but now you've got me wondering. Any idea on this?

If you are using OEM Bar Weights then you should not have a problem. I have install several sets of HeliBars on Wings that have the Kury grips over the OEM Heated Grips however they did not have bars weights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts