GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders;

I am Stuart in North Jersey, and just picked up my new to me 2007 GL1800 (Newport Blue) with Comfort, Navi and Abs. I love the bike and it handles so well dispite it's 900 lbs weight. I previsoulsy was riding an 2000 Royal Star Venture, and a 2006 V-Strom 1000. Prior to these I owned a 1985 GL1200 Interstate (which I was sorry I sold).

The bike seems to be in great shape, however the only thing I noticed was the Heated grips failed to come on despite having them set to max (the heated seat worked fine). Does anyone know if these have separate fuses? Or is there anything else I can check?

Thanks in advance and hope to see you on the road.

Stuart

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Greetings from the Left Coast!
Congratulations on your new Wing and welcome to the asylum.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hello Stuart and welcome to the forum from Canada. This forum is a great place for information, help and entertainment from time to time

Congratulations on your new Wing

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Hi and Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
New to the Wing

WELCOME to the forum from Florida. Also WELCOME to the wonderful world of the Goldwing. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hello Stuart and Welcome from a Cleveland,TN. There is a lot of great info and good people on this Board.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Hi Stuart. Welcome to the forum! I am out in Hunterdon County near Flemington. Maybe we can get together after the thaw and do some riding. Honda John and I are going to be planning a RTE (Ride to Eat) for sometime in the Spring. Keep an eye on the NJ board for details.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas.

seforeman,
Welcome from the great state of Texas. Enjoy your new wing. We'd love to see pics if you have any available. Lots of great people on this board.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
you came to the right place.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
welcome to the boards, I'm right next door to you in Parsippany.
did you buy the bike from Hanover Honda?
the Wingleader from Hunterdon Co. is a riding buddy of mine.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Best of luck on your "New" ride:yes1:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hello and welcome from St. Louis, Mo. Just don't mention oil or crush washers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I promise not to mention oil, crush washers or the other taboo subject of "tires". I purchased the bike at Cycle Exchange in Ledgewood, NJ.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Hello and how are you from Shrewsbury,NJ. You picked a hell of a winter to buy a new bike. Maybe we can blame you for this mess.:joke:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts