GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello long time lurker from Atlanta, but finally registered yesterday. My riding style has changed as I age to more longer distance rides with some curves and/or lunch from on-road/off-road local blasts at near warp speed. Trouble is what's comfortable for a few hours, isn't for 6 (there and back), so here I am.

Looking to trade my Loaded 2014 1200GS (rather than sell myself to save some tax) on a new Gold Wing and the 2$5K+ pricing has held me back until I started looking at leftover 2018's. From my lurking unless I get a 2020, the 18 & 19 are essentially identical except for color correct?

Is $21K + TTL a decent price on a White Tour DCT (Blue/Red about $500 more)? It feels like it, but wanted to check with more knowledgeable folks than myself.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hello long time lurker from Atlanta, but finally registered yesterday. My riding style has changed as I age to more longer distance rides with some curves and/or lunch from on-road/off-road local blasts at near warp speed. Trouble is what's comfortable for a few hours, isn't for 6 (there and back), so here I am.

Looking to trade my Loaded 2014 1200GS (rather than sell myself to save some tax) on a new Gold Wing and the 2$5K+ pricing has held me back until I started looking at leftover 2018's. From my lurking unless I get a 2020, the 18 & 19 are essentially identical except for color correct?

Is $21K + TTL a decent price on a White Tour DCT (Blue/Red about $500 more)? It feels like it, but wanted to check with more knowledgeable folks than myself.
It is basically the same bike. TINY differences. I can't wait to hear the responses to this thread !!!! Anyway, here's what I paid. I bought a new 2018 last year ( 2019 ). I paid $24,444.00. Do the math. If you're serious about a Goldwing, JUMP on this one. 21K......brand new ?!?!?!? Jump on it.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I bought a 2018 for $20.8K a few weeks ago. It was a manual though. A DCT would've been $21.5K.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just picked up a leftover 2018 base model -- for $16,500 out the door. NOT kidding. there are some killer deals around if you shop.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was just under $20k, including TTL, for a leftover 2018 6sp Tour.

If you are trading anything, you lose all of your leverage. It took me 6 months to sell my 2016 Victory XCT, but when I did, I bought the new Wing within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I was just under $20k, including TTL, for a leftover 2018 6sp Tour.

If you are trading anything, you lose all of your leverage. It took me 6 months to sell my 2016 Victory XCT, but when I did, I bought the new Wing within 2 weeks.
I agree, sell your bike first as you will more than likely get a better price than trade in.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the quick replies, I thought it was a screaming deal, so I'm on the hunt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am from Decatur GA. I bought my 2018 DCT Tour about month and a half ago. (2500 miles now). Absolutely love it. But still learning the DCT feature.
I traded my 2012 loaded GL1800 in ChattanoogaTN. Got $9000 for it, but I had over 105,000 miles on it. The new bikes price was $20,800. If you need any info or help or even take it for a spin you can call me at 404- three one zero 67 one 5.
Ralph

·
Registered
2019 Goldwing Tour MT6 Pearl Hawkseye Blue 2014 VFR800 Interceptor Victory Red
146 Posts
I just picked up a 2019 Blue Manual for $21k OTD last week.....0 miles brand new. Traded my F6B for it.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Thanks for all the quick replies, I thought it was a screaming deal, so I'm on the hunt.
It's a good deal. Great deal? Maybe. How do you define a "good deal?" Cheapest? To me "cheapest" isn't always the best deal. Seems like no matter what one pays, someone bought one cheaper. Sometimes I think it's B.S. or there's more to the story.

I have made great deals - they made me happy, therefor they were great. ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's a good deal. Great deal? Maybe. How do you define a "good deal?" Cheapest? To me "cheapest" isn't always the best deal. Seems like no matter what one pays, someone bought one cheaper. Sometimes I think it's B.S. or there's more to the story.

I have made great deals - they made me happy, therefor they were great. ;)
I bought the 18 tour DCT and it made me happy.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.