GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. We made it home from our trip to Georgia yesterday afternoon. It was a great trip. We had a blast. Got to see Trevor graduate from basic training, and Susan got to attach his blue infantry braid to his uniform during the "Turning Blue" ceremony.

We went out on I-20 and dropped down into Florida to come home on I-10. The wind blew like crazy most of the way east, and we got one little rain shower in Mississippi on the way home. Other than that the weather was just fine. We even got in a little sight seeing. I'm posting a link to 3 pages of pictures I took along the way and of the graduation and Turning Blue if you'd care to take a look.
I have a lot of reading to catch up on. LOL Someone said Bulldog would have a thousand post when I got back. When I checked in yesterday, he had 999. LOL You almost made it before I got back Bulldog.

Now, may I introduce my step son, Pvt. Trevor C. Stevens, United States Army Infantry.

If it works, you can see the rest of the pictures here.

http://img11.photobucket.com/albums...a/?PHPSESSID=021e7b8ede89b482d2209fa818f0ffbc

Keep in mind, I'm not a great photographer and my camera isn't the best, but it works.

It's good to be home.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Glad you made it back Jim we missed you. Seems no one has been able slow Bulldog down much but I still have not seen his 1,000th post...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That's cool you got to be there!!

Welcome home!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
OrangeWingRider said:
Glad you made it back Jim we missed you. Seems no one has been able slow Bulldog down much but I still have not seen his 1,000th post...
He must be saving up for something profound... could be awhile! :a13:

·
Registered
824 Posts
REMEMBER THE ALAMO

Nice pics

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Welcome Home Jim! Glad you had a safe trip & thanks for some of the pics. I didn't need to see the pictures of the DI's. :x Brought back bad memories! LOL... They weren't my favorite people.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Jim, I am sure your very proud of your handsome son. You did good. Joy

·
Registered
2021 Red/Black Goldwing Tour DCT
720 Posts
Welcome home Jim!!! Looks like it was a great trip :yes1:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey Jim, welcome home. I'm sure you and Mom must be very proud of your son. It's people like him that I served with for 20 years, and nothing can replace the youth of our country.

Pictures of I-20 look very similar, regardless of what state you're in. Same as really boring I-10. I've more time on that road than most folks have riding. Know every nook and cranny along the way - bo-o-o-o-ring!

You know the difference between a professional and amatuer photographer? The professional doesn't show ALL his pictures. Just kidding, you did great. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I could almost put myself in all the places but Chatahoochee. Never been there for one reason or another. For one, that's where one of the Florida mental health hospitals is located. Back in my day we called them "insane asylums." Not PC anymore. No one wanted to go to Chatachoochee!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Jim, Glad to see you had a safe trip. Thanks for the pictures. Really enjoyed seeing them. Brings back some memories when I was in the service and went to visit the Alamo years back. You and your wife have a fine young man there to be proud of. Congradulations. :unclesmile:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Damn, at 103 mph :shock: you have one good camera to catch those snapshots as you whizzed by. :goflag:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Welcome back my friends,

Glad u and Susan got back safely! Enjoyed the pics...but how do we really know u were there? Never saw u in 1 pic..haha :lol:

bruce aka "the blue trawler"

:blw1:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hoo-Rah! Congrats to your stepson. I'm sure you're proud.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone. Yes. We are very proud of him. Right after graduation we took him to the airport in Atlanta to catch a plane for Ft. Irwin CA. He'll be there for a while, he's just not sure how long.

Bruce, there was one picture of me. Susan was using her 35mm and has 5 rolles of film to develop. I think she has a couple more of me on one of them. LOL

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jimbo,

Welcome home! You have no idea how glad I am that you are back. The Guys would not let me post a thing till you returned. Talk about frustration...LOL

Fine looking young soldier there. I am really putting on the years. Those young *iss pot kids look like they should be in high school, and now they are getting prepared to serve our country in the most unselfish way.

I remember boot camp like it was yesterday. I remember getting drunk on three two beer on our day pass from Lackland. Man I paid for that..LOL And the hangover did not help things either...LOL

I get the chills when I see parents sending their kids off to the military. What a choice to make. Your Son will learn things about discipline and all about Yes & No, that you could never teach him at home.

Next time you talk with Pvt Stevens, you let him know that the military is all about competition and winning, if you want to make rank and enjoy the privileges of rank.

Once again, congrats on raising a fine looking young man, about to depart on a journey of a lifetime.

Bulldog

1 - 20 of 22 Posts