GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped in to tell you all that I’m still around and doing well. Enquiring minds have requested an update on my status and here it is….

1. The divorce was final September 25

2. The Goldwing was sold, sad day but it had to go

3. I now ride a Electric Glide Classic, heck of a deal on a 2006 out the door for $17,495 including the 4-year warranty and security system.

4. Moving from an apartment in Dallas to a new house in Terrell, it is all mine and no other female will take it from me again, it will also allow me to continue to work on friends bikes…. Did you hear this Jimmy?????

5. Had to come out of retirement and go back to work, only part time though. Just love the hours, Monday 8am-5:30pm, Tuesday – Friday 8am-12 noon with NO weekend wo

Wish I could have been in Harrison with everybody but will have to wait until next year in Kerrville to see ya.

Wanted to thank you all for the kind words and support since all my troubles in May, my life is back on track with a bright future lord willing.

Take care and see you on the road sometime.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Shooter, Really glad to hear from you. Glad things are starting to get straightened out again.

I am hoping to make it to Kerrville this spring. Had a little problem getting to Harrison and you did not make it anyway...

Keep in touch and let us know how the Harley works. It is still one of the prettiest bikes on the road....

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Shooter,

Always good to hear from you. Even better to hear that the "Sun" is rising in your life.

Dawg

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
Shooter

GREAT to hear your back on course

we missed u taking all those pictures at Harrison

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I had a friend who said the next time he got close to getting married he would just go find a woman he hates and buy her a house instead.

See you in Harrison next fall if all goes well.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Even though I've been in touch with Steve through all his troubles, it sure is good to see him posting here again. A lot of folks are breathing a sigh of relief to see you back on the board, Shooter. Now, about those infamous U-turns!

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
MesquiteBob said:
Even though I've been in touch with Steve through all his troubles, it sure is good to see him posting here again. A lot of folks are breathing a sigh of relief to see you back on the board, Shooter. Now, about those infamous U-turns!

Mesquite Bob
Now Bob, Will a Harley really have to make those infamous U-turns? I thought that only happened when you were on a Goldwing. :wink: :wink: Shooter, Don't tell me this is so........ :roll: :roll:

I guess we never really did get them convinced that you were actually just looking for the house that was on that road that was for sale :?: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
U-turns have nothing to do with type of motorcycle. O.K., I better fess up here. On last Saturday's ride, I had to do a U-turn on the loop around Athens - missed my get off because of a stupid sign and didn't have the program logged into the GPS. And to give Shooter credit - he never said a word about it. But there WAS a certain smile that crossed his face when we finally met up with Brian Hand and company.

So ... one can make a U-turn with a Goldwing, or one can make a U-turn on a Harley, or one can make a U-turn on a Silver Wing - but you don't have to go on and on about it! (That last statement is for Brian Black, if he reads this thread - you know, Brian, who infamously said, "i don't need no $500 machine to tell me I'm lost!"). Or words to that effect.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that's funny...No GPS on the Harley and no more U-turns unless I'm following someone else...Right Bob......

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Good to hear all is going well for you!!! Some of us on this board wondered just how you were doing. This is indeed good news!!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hey we're all members of "Club U-Turn." Now that I've got weekends off I plan on doing a bunch more of them. :D

·
Registered
824 Posts
Steve,
Glad that life is getting back on track. One observation Pal, not only did you go over to the dark side, but I'm guessing you added some after market items to insure that noise saves lives! Make sure your behind me next time we ride please LOL.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Shooter - glad to hear you are doing better. Sorry to hear that you are still a little down on your luck, but maybe someday you'll be able to get something a little nicer to ride :lol:

Just kidding, of course. I have plenty of friends with Harleys (don't we all?) and I am glad to ride with them and call them friends.

Best to you! 8)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Now this reminds me of a story while we were in Hendesonville at WOTS. There was a sign pointing to a restaurant that we wanted to go to. It was in fact a hard sign to read. You would have to have seen it to get the point. Anyway the guys with the Garmins were trying to get the restaurant on their GPS and they could not find it. I was lucky and got it to come up on the Iway. I said come on guys I know where it is. (hoping I was actually correct) :wink: . As I led them into the parking lot one of the guys that had the Garmin actually came over the CB and said he did not care if we were here but the Iway was wrong........ :wink: :wink:

Sometimes you just cannot win :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts