GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that was a little shock to the system this morning. It was 39 at 5:00 am when I left to go to work. 40 mile ride equals, just a little chilly. I guess my body has to get reacquainted with the cold. Might look into getting some heated gloves to extend my riding season. Are they really worth the money?

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Well that was a little shock to the system this morning. It was 39 at 5:00 am when I left to go to work. 40 mile ride equals, just a little chilly. I guess my body has to get reacquainted with the cold. Might look into getting some heated gloves to extend my riding season. Are they really worth the money?
I hear ya!! It's time to light up the boiler! I'm sitting here with about 4 layers of clothing, a blanket wrapped around me and a stocking cap on my head. I think I'm about ready to get my gloves too. My wife says I kinda look like Nanook of the North! :lol::lol:

To answer your question, yes, electrics are definitely worth the money. If you are going to splurge, I would recommend getting a dual controller. Because once you find out how nice electric gloves are, you'll soon spring for the jacket liner too. With a dual controller, you can control the temperature in each one independently.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah, it was all the way down to 68 last night, felt good! Bought the wife heated gear a few years ago, but I didn't think I needed it. I finally bought a jacket liner last year. I could kick myself for not doing it years ago. The only downside is I've become a cold wuss. I turn it on if its below 60 when I used to ride down into the 20s with no heated gear.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:eek:4::eek:4::eek:4:How long before spring gets here!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Wife and I went out for a quick ride this afternoon................and got carried away......... sight seeing!

We just pulled in and along some of the twisting country roads beside the lake..............the breeze was really cool. Temp was 54 but............the sun was shinning when we left! I guess I forgot how quick the sun goes down this time of year and how quickly the temps can drop. I remember the heavier riding gear next time! :22yikes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I Love the heated Gloves and Jacket. When it is too too cold I keep a Jacket and Leather gloves in the bike when it warms up during the day Off comes the heated stuff and back on with regular riding gear.

Been riding since 1966 and all year I wish I had the heated stuff LONG time ago.

Just my Humble Openion

Yes to me they are worth it.

·
Love The DCT
12,196 Posts
Perfect weather here. 61 deg F at 6 AM, made it to 87 deg F today. Supposed to be very nice for the remainder of the week. :doorag:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts