GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to post to introduce myself.

I bought my 2003 GL1800 in Nov. 2003. I bought a demo unit that had 2200 miles on it. Since then I have put on over 4500 miles. Believe it or not, most of those have been commuting to and from work (35 miles each way). Yes, in Houston it is really year round riding!!

The only things I have added to my bike are a cargo net for the rear trunk. My wife gave me this for Christmas. It is great, but I can only imagine what she paid for it from Honda! I also keep an iPod in the left glove box. I bought an RF remote for it and stuck it to the handle bars beside the CB controls.

I will be buying some wind deflectors in the next few months. I am also thinking about an aftermarket windshield (larger w/ a vent).

I have a few questions, but I will look thought the board to see if they have been answered before I ask.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Welcome Ben! Nice chocie of color 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it wasn't much of a choice. They only had the one demo :wink:. A guy at my work has a 2001 Blue GL1800. I really like that color, but of the 2003 colors, yellow would be my first choice. If I went with a 2004, it would be the white for sure.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the Wingers Team.
Please contribute as many posts as you could between your rides.
We'd like to share your experiences as much as you'd like to share the experiences of all other members on this board.
Have fun and ride safe,

·
Registered
185 Posts
welcome

From a fellow Texan, welcome to the board!
Don't worry, the one or two accessories will grow!!
I can't tell where my bike ends and my accessories start!

mike

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Welcome Ben,

Glad to see you got the fastest color. Not in a straight line, but when we are broke down on the side of the road, help can see us FASTER!!!!

Read on, and don't forget to check the tech board, these guys will help you spend your money!!

http://home.comcast.net/~ridetolive1/ws ... 73110.html

·
Registered
325 Posts
From another fellow Texan...............Welcome aboard.............. now that your here.......... let me pick your brain...... he he get used to it. About this RF Remote, that comes with the Ipod??? or separate purchase? If it was a separate purchase, was/is it available with other MPEG players??

Brian Walden
Orig. from LaVernia, TX (W. of Houston) bout 240miles I think

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Ben,

Welcome to the board. Too bad you are from Taxes, but we will let that go for now.

Don't worry about the bullies on this board. If you have a question, fire away. After all, every one of us on this board was a Newbee at one time.

Bulldog

·
Registered
759 Posts
Ben, welcome!!! Enjoy your stay here and dont be shy making posts. Heaven only knows Bulldog isnt shy... :D :D :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.engineeredaudio.com/products/remote.html

Thanks everyone for the big welcome. It sure does seem like there are a lot of Texans on the board.

BrianSC said:
From another fellow Texan...............Welcome aboard.............. now that your here.......... let me pick your brain...... he he get used to it. About this RF Remote, that comes with the Ipod??? or separate purchase? If it was a separate purchase, was/is it available with other MPEG players??

Brian Walden
Orig. from LaVernia, TX (W. of Houston) bout 240miles I think

Brian,

This is the RF (Radio Frequency) remote that I got. I doubt that there is anything available for other MP3 players, but I am not sure.

http://www.engineeredaudio.com/products/remote.html

The keyfob comes in black and is a bit smaller then the gl1800 keyfob.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Bulldog said:
Don't worry about the bullies on this board. If you have a question, fire away. After all, every one of us on this board was a Newbee at one time.

Bulldog
Bullies? I haven't gotten one single toilet swirly yet. Maybe I'd better be more careful.

Ben, thanks for the link. See, you're contributing already!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I haven't got a clue how your gonna' get that illusion red to cover that yellow. But if theres a way, they know about it on this board. Welcome. Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts