GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
I joined forum in 2010, but didn’t do much with it. I had a great trip out to California in August of 2018, and earned my IBA, (1000 miles in 24 hours). We started with three riders, but one went down in Mississippi and had to bail. (He is okay, but his bike isn’t.)
I said all that to say this: I was riding locally in March 2019 by myself, and suddenly I was sliding on the asphalt. I was only going about 50 MPH. At first the damage was estimated at $6,000, but then I was told it was $11,000 and they totaled it.

I cancelled my Wing Ding 41 plans and beat myself up over the next few months.

Last week, I bought a 2019 GL800, same color (red) and I’m back going to Wing
Ding! I am going to be on the forum more and hope to meet some new friends.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
@BruceSmith Congrats on your IBA success, sorry tho about your buddy, but at least he is fine. Your loss became your Win Win as you now have a very nice GL1833! I'm sure you are going to love the ride once you get settled into it and all the techy stuff you get acquainted with on the journey. Maybe I'll run into you Wing-Ding. Ride safe and those miles of smiles!

Reactions: Bruce Smith

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Glad to hear you're ok and congrats on the new ride. One door closes, another door opens, ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

Reactions: Bruce Smith
1 - 7 of 7 Posts