GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just popped in to see whats up . I know I am not telling anybody from Cali anything new, but after 17 years of being away from here I had forgotten just how great the riding is here! If you ever get the chance to come out here to visit, the roads are DELUXE... I am in the Oxnard section of Ventura county about 20 miles South of Santa Barbara and 100 north of LA . Food, weather, sceanry is second to none.. I will be returnig just in time to freeze my arse off and wait for cold and snow!! If I could convince my wife you may see this in the future>> Matt(Oxnard,CA)<<

Until then ...... check out this site for a taste http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

Matt(Ashland,MA) :flg: :biker:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Matt,
Nice to see a real "Damn Yankee" do a road trip but the gas prices will choke the **** outta yer wallet if yer not well off or work for the government in Cali. :wink:
I'll bet the folks out there found out quick that yer from the top part of the "other" coast. :lol:

Have fun and be safe out there. 8)

:flg:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Matt,

Get your Arse back where you belong.

And no! We will not authorize your move from here to there!

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Hay Matt,
What ya doing out there on the "left" coast. Be careful or all those liberals will have you driving a hybrid.
I'd love to get out there some time with bike. If I get lost, I'll call you for help, just like before.
:wink:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Matt - I am really upset that you would put in print that kind of description of California and their roads. We have spent many years developing the image of California being thourghly overrun by flaming liberals who run over and kill motorcyclist by the millions every year and this is the most motorcyle hostile location on planet earth. We have been passing on how all of our roads are in horrible condition and have untold hazards around every curve. How can you sleep at night by telling these poor unfortunates living up where it freezes and snows every winter about the fabulous M/C roads we have here? If they believe you they might take a trip out here and find out the truth and might decide to stay! Oh, the horror!
:roll:

(I'm being VERY sarcastic here folks!)
8) :croc:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Well, Matt. Do we start calling you a fruit or a nut?

·
Registered
547 Posts
the gas prices will choke the flip outta yer wallet if yer not well off or work for the government in Cali
Since I moved here from Seattle, I ride my bike everyday, instead of driving my truck. The price of gas might be a little higher, but the overall fuel expense is way down.
I ride along the beach both ways to work, with the only shade being that of palm trees. You're right, it's a terrible place. :)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Matt, Welcome to the sunny side! I'm in Northridge (about 40-50 miles east of you), and regularly ride out your way with friends that live between our two locations. If you're looking for someone to ride with, send me a PM and we can make some arrangements.

·
15 year Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bulldog said:
Matt,

Get your Arse back where you belong.

And no! We will not authorize your move from here to there!

Bulldog & Meesh
I never said It was a "done deal" and I would NEVER move without going through the proper chanels!!

dicepiot said:
Well, Matt. Do we start calling you a fruit or a nut?
Not so fast dicepilot, I actually lived here from 1964- 1987, which may explain alot!!!

It is a nice place North of LA and has alot to offer... hummmm Cats-Cade or paradise??? Me's thinks I will stay on the East coast for a while , till the earthquakes turn Bakersfield into "Beachfront" property!!!

FALL IS A COMMIN' Boys!!

See ya back there soon!!

Be GOOD... That means YOU ******* Dave!!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
15 year Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bill said:
Hey Matt....did you ride all the way out there?
Bill,

Great to hear from ya, I flew out to visit my Dad and Stepdad and various friends..I would have if I had had the time but , maybe next time... I will be in Las Vegas Friday through Monday... If your around let me know and I will Buy ya a soft drink!!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

Matt,
Since ya hit me with the manhole, back at ya. :wink: Yer the one headin' to Vegas, I'm still reportin' in nightly with the Admiral and doin' the "honey do list" plus some stuff to the Wing. :lol:

Be safe and watch the street folks in Vegas, they like folks with accents. :wink:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey all you east coasters, take it easy, some of us where born in Ca. and actually like it. great roads....great weather and better fruits and nuts. i'll agree gas is higher, food, housing, taxes,homeless people, gangs, illegal aliens, politicians, health care,state taxes..... buy you all talk funny 8)

wait a minute, your right this place sucks, anyone have a room to rent :?:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Hey Matt, I lived out there in San Diego way from 1981 to 1990 and spent most of my time with only a motorcycle for transportation. The first year I had my GL1200 (1984) I put 26,000 miles on it and only left the state once to make a trip to Yuma, Arizona. Have fun and don't lose all your house payment in "Lost Wage's". :lol: :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts