GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in the VTX 1800 for a new Gold Wing what a blast wish I had got one yrs ago. Only thing is getting use to how u set on it, use to my legs and feet being more out in front so my legs are cramping up guess that will change as I ride it. Looking forward to chat on this site.

P

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the board.... You will really love this bike. The seating position will take some getting used to, but most people find it quite comfortable. Also you will have much better handling and steering input in the upright position

Happy Trails

·
Registered
589 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride! :congrats: If you're going to be riding around Pickwick Lake give me a PM and I'll meet up with you and discuss some good local roads to ride!........ Chip

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome ! Make sure u have a good BS filter.:lol: You can find out just anythng u want to know about the Big Bird here and then some.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the site. It is the best site on the internet by far. I agree, buy highway pegs..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome, but let me warn you its gonna cost you. There are so many good ideas when it comes time to add that little extra to the bike. But on the good side, when your warranty is out and you need to fix something, you can find a lot of good advice.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That VTX will be a distant memory sooner than you think. The "upright" position (and seat) felt peculiar to me at first but later and out of nowhere, it just seemed right. While you are adjusting to it (and you will)just keep reminding yourself that you are, now, perched on a truly serious highway eating machine and it will reliably (and comfortably) do it like no other. You, now, own a bike that its only limitation is the rider.

What part of Mississippi? You're not a Northerner, are you?

Z

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Just traded in the VTX 1800 for a new Gold Wing what a blast wish I had got one yrs ago. Only thing is getting use to how u set on it, use to my legs and feet being more out in front so my legs are cramping up guess that will change as I ride it. Looking forward to chat on this site.
The only mistake you can make getting a goldwing is waiting too long.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the board and congrats on your new Wing.

Donnie

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome from Middleburg, Florida. You'll be happy with your Wing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome from Alabama to the gl1800 riders Forum and congratulations on the new Wing!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts