GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Wisconsinites!

Well here I am in central NC and having a ball! I left Sat AM and arrived here Mon PM. Waived hello at quite a few 'Wingers still rambling around down here after Wing Ding last week. Rode the Dragon Sun afternoon then 28 down to 74 onward to Bryson city for the night. Pulling the trailer I actually enjoyed riding south on 28 from Deals Gap more than I did riding the Dragon from the north. No big surprise already knowing the Dragon would be pretty challenging for me pulling the trailer but good fun nonetheless!

Monday mid-morning I jumped onto the Blue Ridge Parkway in Cherokee. Spent the day on the Parkway and by mid-afternoon I was occasionally dragging pegs after getting (more) used to going through the twisties with the trailer in tow. I'm sure I surprised at least a few other riders after they pulled off at an overlook just to see it was an 1800 pulling a trailer that was filling up their mirrors! Lot's of fun and extremely beautiful sights! Very comfortable temps in the mountains too. I jumped off early evening at around the 3 hundred something mile post at Blowing Rock and scooted further southeast to my destination outside of Sanford by dark.

Pretty hot & humid down here in the mid to upper 90's with a heat advisory yesterday. I've been visiting with family and doing some riding the back roads the last couple days enjoying the countryside and taking in the sights. The Kumho RF and G709 have handled anything I've thrown at them. Very stable and smooth all the way. No abnormal wear just shy of 1300 miles so far. I'm way more satisfied with this combo than in previous years' trips down here running on E3's.

Probably going to make a run for the NC or SC coast in a day or so, take a swim in the ocean and collect a few more sea shells to take back home and look at until next years trip! Will be heading back to WI toward the end of next week... Oh well. 'Bye for now!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Oh how do i truly love that area. 312 days till I am down there there again. Reports like yours do make it a very long time ;).

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
We stayed in Maggie Valley 2 weeks ago and toured out of there.
So much to see and not enough time to do it, so we're going back again next summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts