GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the GL1800, but not to motorcycling. I've ridden a Honda ST1100 for the last 14 yrs, visiting 41 states...many of them multiple times. Recent life changes have brought about the need to accommodate a pillion rider, so I acquired a very lightly used 2012 GL1800 Navi ABS (2,800 mi.) back in August and have clocked around 2k miles. It's a bike that's hard to NOT like. Looking forward to making my 8th trip west next summer, but 1st with the wife behind me. Looking forward to gleaning a little knowledge from the seasoned veterans on this forum.

John

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Welcome aboard, this is a great place with great and friendly people. They will be able to resolve most any problem or die trying

Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Oh My Goodness! Another Wing in the Great Republic of Mississippi! I was starting to get a little lonely down here! :grin2:

Welcome to the family! As Fun pointed out, there are some really great guys here who are more than eager to answer any and all questions pertaining to your new ride so sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

New Albany is just a rocks throw from me down 22. My wife and I use the DMV there to avoid that cluster they call Olive Branch on the south side of Memphis. New Albany is a great little town!

As I said, Welcome! Touring on a Wing is a whole different animal than anything else you've been on, and you're gonna love it!

Blessed and Safe Travels to You and Yours!

:flg: 'Murica!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just noticed on your avatar that you're rockin' a 2012 Candy Red Wing...…….

That's gonna be an issue...…. My wife and I are on a 2012 Candy Red Wing...…..

Those guys north of the Mason-Dixon are gonna think that Tractor Supply Company down here had a "2 for 1" sale...……..

What are the odds? 2 Wings in the entire state and they're both the same make and model.. :shrug:

:flg: 'Murica!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Welcome to the asylum. You are right "west is the best" direction anyway for me.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Welcome!!! There's an active GWRRA Chapter N and a non-denomination riding group called Mingo Mid-South Riders Group (see FB). I ride with both groups as often as I can (been a Mingo for almost 30 years) and they're are great bunch of folks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts