GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Thank you for allowing me to be part of the community. Purchased a black 2023 Tour DCT on Friday the 13th and rode it home from Phoenix (500 miles). Still have the smile on my face despite some cold 35 degree weather for the last 100 miles. I live a few miles north of Santa Fe, New Mexico where there are some great areas for riding. First bike was a used 1986 Goldwing that I loved. Sold it and have been riding Harleys ever since.

Still have a couple of older Harleys and a Buell White Lightning in the garage. Have participated in the Run For The Wall a couple of times in different capacities, and will be a RoadGuard for 2023 and the foreseeable future. Retired at 55 yo from one of our Nations weapons Laboratories and am currently 60 yo.

Really enjoying the ride and features of the GW Tour DCT as my other rides are barebones bikes. Looking forward to learning and contributing to the Forum in any way I can

Ride Safe

· Registered
6,224 Posts
Well howdy neighbor!! tweetyredbird is in your area.

· Registered
10,618 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and miles of smiles 😃

Reactions: Iron Horse Traveler

· Registered
757 Posts
01/23/23

🇺🇲 A Road-Guard for The Run For The Wall. 👏👏👏👏 Those guys/gals did an awesome job when I made the ride in 2015. Need to do it one more time and this could be the year! 🇺🇲

· Registered
1,138 Posts
Welcome aboard from NH.
A friend from Colorado rides the RTW still and takes the route through NM, Steve Paul from Cannon City CO. I 1st met him in San Diego when they lived there. I stop by every now and then for a visit when they are home.

· Registered
1,774 Posts
Welcome from Eastern NC. So, where the photos for us to drool over???🥱

We're simple folks here, we love pics😎...o.k, I speak for myself🫢

You got some nerve riding a brand new bike @500 miles on Friday the 13th🤯 across the desert highway.

BTW, I would've done it myself, since that's MY lucky day...bad luck rest of the year unless there's more than 1 Friday the 13th that year.😁

Enjoy your new ride, many happy miles.👍🤙

· Registered
2021 Gl1800 BD DCT
370 Posts
Welcome from East Texas. Have ridden many miles in New Mexico the one ride that really stands out was the Devils Highway rode it both ways (What a Ride)!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts