GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all my new biker friends and thanks for accepting me on this new forum. A little about me, I have been riding since I was 14 and on all types of bikes. My last 5 have been BMW’s and I have really enjoyed all of them. The first was an LT followed by a GT and then 3 boxers, an oil head, a hex head and currently a wet head which is my favorite of all. Never met anyone on two wheels I didn’t like and certainly not a bike snob, I love anything on two wheels. Had a 750 Honda in the mid 70’s that I traded in for a new 79 Wing which was my first shaft drive bike. I really liked it, put a Vetter fairing on, Krauser bags and can’t remember what kind of top case, it was mix and match back then. I really enjoy it, the only thing that I wasn't really wild about was the 4 carb setup at the time. Put about 30,000 miles on it and stayed off of one for the next 15 years after my daughter was born. Thought I had it out of my system but I was wrong and got back on another one around 2003 and have been worse than I have ever been since I did and have put about 300k on those Beemers, would have probably been a lot more if not for a lack of time. Total addiction. When I started back I was thinking about buying a friends 1500 Aspencade but hated it after riding it and went to the new LT instead. Loved the way it handled at speed but very top heavy at parking lot speeds. I really liked the re designed Wings a lot more but still thought they looked a little like an old man’s bike ( I’m only 66 years young :) All that to say that when I saw this new 2018 re design I immediately loved it and seriously considering one for my next ride, the main reason being that there are a lot more deanships and I want to start pulling a trailer and there isn’t much to put a hitch to on the the RT. Also it just looks really good, more like a sport bike than a luxury tourer. Seems like with every salesman I have talked to at Honda dealerships that I know more about their bikes than they do and that’s just basic features that I have seen on the website. Don’t know how some are making a living selling them. Any way I’m glad to be on this forum where I can pick the brains of other owners and glad to be here. Great to meet all of you!

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch, love Idaho, just got back from riding in Colorado about a month ago, not a bad road out your way period :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts