GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Dave... and I have a motorcycle problem.

Everybody respond... Hello Dave!

After 14 years of twice weekly motorcycle anonymous meetings, I've fallen off the wagon in a big way and will be getting a 2007 airbag later this year... either orange or blue.

Actually my youngest finally went to college so after chasing kids around to various school and sporting events for two decades, me and my wife have a life again. woohoo :D :D :D

I've had a couple Goldwings before but nothing like the 1800. I've been following this board for a couple months and think it's great. I especially enjoyed hanging out with the other crazies the night that Honda announced the "changes" for 2007.

My plans are to Daveize my new wing over the upcoming winter and next year will be attempting a few Ironbutt events and also a trip into the northern Quebec wilderness on the James Bay Road.

http://jamesbayroad.com/

I'll also be looking for things to do in Upstate New York.

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
Re: Hello, my name is Dave... and I have a motorcycle proble

Keghead said:
I'll also be looking for things to do in Upstate New York.
Shoveling snow for the next 6 months comes to this southerners mind! :wink: You could also sit on the bike in a heated garage and make strange motorcycle noises! BTDT!!! :oops: That's when I knew it was time to move south.

HELLO DAVE......

Glad you came out of the closet.
Enjoy the scoot and this board. You can trust me, it's some of the others you have to watch your back around! LOL....

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Move to the South and you can ride all year. You obviously have discerning tastes in motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Your story sounds all to famillar around here. Sounds a lot like mine.
Welcome aboard.

Get out your checkbook and keep a pen handy!

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I am like Red I move to the sunny state to get away from the cold weather and ride year long. Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
399 Posts
Keghead, Move now and leave no forwarding address just a website where they can leave messages. If they don't know where you are they can't move back in....hehehe...Welcome and enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hello Dave,

You are in fine company here. I've currently got 3 bikes and I'm shopping for my first wing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It's not just a 12 step program though Dave. You'll have to turn your credit card over to a higher power...Hal.

Scott

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Hi Dave!

You might be riding more than you think. You have a fine bike for cooler weather riding. With just the proper jacket, pants and helmet you could find yourself doing some mid day jaunts when the weather permits. (I don't do ice!)

You have a well equipped bike to start with. Utopia backrest and some freeway pegs/boards and you will be set for the long haul. Some people have added a 2nd GPS unit (to supplement the one in the bike) to give them a true speed indication. Units costing $100 or less will do that.

You, and the wife, are going to love it!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WELCOME!!!

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Save some of that saddle time for our little get togethers that crop up throughout the year.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome Dave!

Kandgo said:
Hello Dave!! Don't wohooo too much as they can return if they see you having too much fun!!
Well, that answers that question! I wondered what had made my daughter move back in. :lol: We were having too much fun. :yes:

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
WELCOME, Dave. :D :D

I think your the first person from Rome on this board.

CONGRATS...

later..Randy

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Get the BLUE One
:eek:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I don't think so Dave,
This is your son from Texas. 8)
Stop blowing my inheritance on Goldwings and chrome...
J/K ... Hello Dave
Gratz on the new Ride..

Enjoy every Mile, or Smile as I have seen some call them.

Orange is closer to Yellow than Blue is... so it should be a little faster.
I would go with Orange..

Glad you fell off the wagon....

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Welcome Dave!

This is one of the best boards on the net and some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Show up to one of the gatherings with a case or two of Corona and you make friends for life. If you get a trailer, you can haul more than a couple of cases.

Bartman

1 - 20 of 25 Posts