GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is appropriate.... My name is Brett. I've had my '03 Candy Red 1800 since June of last year. I've been lurking here, reading the posts for a few weeks, and decided I couldn't keep the hole in my face closed any longer. After reading so much negative information on "ahem..." another GL1800 board, it's nice to see a bunch of folks who like thier Goldwings as much as I like mine!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey Lucky 777
Don't fret over it, even they pretty well love their 1800's. We are just more civilized about it! :eek:w1: :banghead:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
From one Lucky to another, welcome to the board. :yes:

·
Registered
287 Posts
LUCKY 777,

Cead Mile Failte, (One Hundred Thousand Welcomes) Many Safe (s)Miles of biking on your 1800 Wing. 8) (The King of the Road.) :wink: :lol:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i know what you mean about some other board and they must not like bikes or something

loren

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome trip seven ! Glad you came aboard, there are some very nice people here, enjoy ! :yes2:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome

There are some great people, and spirited conversation on many topics. 6months ago during the frame issue or a year ago with the ECM, I'm not sure you would have had the same feeling here either. However, in the end, most people here love the 1800, and rightfully so.

Welcome! 8)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
777, I do not know what other board you are referring to but it dosen't make any difference. I know what you mean. I was on another board and watched yet another one until I found this one on Thanksgiving. At that time joined this one and it cost me over 1300.00 since then :) :) :) :) Hal has great sales :D :D . I do not even bother to check the other ones and unsubscibed from them.

Also, welcome :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Yeppers....

Yeppers, you will like it here and a big welcome to ya. Lots of good folks, good 1800 info, and a splattering of B.S. every now and then to keep it interestting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lucky 777........
Welcome aboard tha' board !
When not out on the Wing...make a pot of black coffee, pull up a chair; 'cause you'll be here awhile....and especially see CALIFORNIA..(( California was made for Motorcycles....YEAR ROUND !!) :beer3:
www.pashnit.com
Lets ride em' !
IRMac

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Triple 7's,

Welcome aboard. Hope that you find this board to your liking. Lots of great Guys and Gals on this board.

Enjoy and get as many (S)miles out of your machine that she will give you.

Bulldog

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome 777. There's more valuable information here than most of us can absorb but you'll find answers to all your questions here. Hal has the best prices and products available anywhere and technical assistance is always available. Chef is tremendously helpful, so relax and be prepared to learn about your new GL1800 and to meet a lot of really great people. I know I have. SLIDE

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Welcome aBOARD :D

This is the only board I hang out on... nicest folks around.

Glad you found us!!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I guess I'm not stepping on any toes mentioning the other board.. it's the GL1800.org board on MSN. There have been times after reading the posts there for an hour or two, that I felt I should just take my Goldwing out back, put it out of it's misery, and give it a proper burial! I had the ECM changed in August, and the frame weld done just a few weeks ago. I didn't agonize over these problems, but considered them improvements to an already great machine. The GL1800 is a hoot every time I throw my leg over it!

My first bike was a beat up CB350 I got back in the late 70's, and restored myself. I used it for basic transportation a few years, and sold it shortly after I graduated from high school. After a 20+ year absence from 2 wheeled transport, I bought a 2001 Honda 750 ACE as my 40th birthday (midlife crisis) present to myself. I loved that bike, but wanted something more comfortable to tour on. The 1800 became mine on my birthday last year, and 7 months later, I still run down to the garage during a commercial on TV from time to time, just to make sure it's really there. I never dreamed I would actually own such a machine.

I'm looking foreword to being an active member of this board, and hope I have something substantal to contribute from time to time.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome Lucky 21 or is it 343? (7 to the 3rd)
Yea this is a serious bunch, no kidding around just total seriousnessness :lol:

For the most part people on this board have been around a while and owned there fair share of bikes. We have wisdom. So when anyone says the 1800 is the best - believe them. :wink:
What part of the world do you hail from Lucky?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome to the board. You'll find many friends here. All with a great love of a great machine. The knowledge you will attain is invaluable. The board is so entertaining that you will learn things about your bike without really trying. Glad to have you aboard.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts