GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all riders, I am Farmer Brown: FB. We hope weather holds so I can pick up my new Wing tomorrow! 09 Navi/XM w/ a few goodies. So much good info on this site.
What oil do ya'll run in the Wings? FB :shock:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
ABS wings never need oil. You did get ABS didn't you???

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Hello and welcome to you Farmer Brown.
Glad to have you with us.

You should use AMSOIL in your Goldwing. I do, and it works great.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Howdy and welcome. Where is FB from? I prefer EVOO. ;)

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Welcome to our dysfunctional family!

ANY oil that meets the spec. requirement in your manual.
I use Rotella-T synthetic.
Change at the specified interval and RIDE~

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Howdy and welcome. Where is FB from? I prefer EVOO. ;)
You've been watching the Food Network and Rachel Ray too much.

Castor Oil is what fills the bill !!!

Let us in on how you like your new Wing !!! Pics would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Welcome!

I run Mobil 1, but it looks like Mobil 1 "Gold" is about to be discontinued.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Welcome to the nut house and congrats on the new Wing. You have no idea the mess you may have started on oil. Go to the search bar and type in oil, you'll get more opinions than you may want to read.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::capwin::capwin:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new Wing. I use the very slick oily oil in mine. I used to use synthetic in my Suzuki 1500Lc and it made a difference in shifting and heat. But dont see a reason to do that with the Wing - use the recommended oil and change every 4,000 miles. Lot of different opinions on the subject.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome aboard, I am still loving every minute with my bike. Enjoy and ride often. ;)

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Hello FB. Welcome to the board. In case you haven't noticed the oil question comes up quite often. I do want to be the first to say "Don't forget the new crush washers". You will catch on to this statement as read hang out here. Ride safe, ride often don't fight the smile.

·
Love The DCT
11,783 Posts
Hello to all riders, I am Farmer Brown: FB. We hope weather holds so I can pick up my new Wing tomorrow! 09 Navi/XM w/ a few goodies. So much good info on this site.
What oil do ya'll run in the Wings? FB :shock:
You will "stir the pot" with any type of oil, crush washer, or tire question. Do a search on oil and you will have enough reading info for days on end.

·
Registered
858 Posts
:congrats: You now have one of the few toys that will never get old!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
There must be something wrong with me. I just looked in the manual and saw the service intervals and know when to take it to the dealer and give him my hard earned money. Spend all that money on the machine then try to save a buck or two on the import stuff like oil and service. I'll let honda keep the records and fix it when it breaks for the most part. LOL

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Amsoil. Honda filter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts