GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Where is everyone?
Been ridin all day! Going over to Warms Springs next Sat to eat with the Georgia folks, want to go? Also looks like we are going to make a Iron Butt ride fairly soon.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm gonna try to make the March 14th ride to Blairsville! Don't think I can make the 28th.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Well I guess my notification is not working again, did not know there were any replies. We are looking at the weather for Saturday to Warm Springs, Ga if you want to go. Hwy 231 and I-20, Pell City leaving 8am, can you make that time?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It is probably a little less than 1.5 Hrs, check your map you can ride 231 from Huuntsville. Tommy and I had talked about having Breakfast at the Huddle House or Jacks. Pell City is not a small City, plenty of gas stations and they even have a Wal Mart and small airport! Springville on the other hand has a 4 way stop sign and 4 gas stations but a lot lower crime rate than Birmingham. My notification is not working so I just have to check back but if you need to talk to me my cell is 205 229 3508

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
OK Bruce, according to Streets & Trips it will take you 2 hrs to get to Pell City on 231 or 2 hrs to get to Oxford using 431. We will leave Pell City at 7:30 and be at Oxford At 8 so you could leave a half hour later and meet us in Oxford. I posted on the Ga board what time we would go through Newman so maybe we can meet some of them for the ride to Warm Springs. I usually get faster times than Streets and Trips and we are looking at the weather. I was going back to Ellijay today but it has rained all day so hopefully this front will come through early.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Richard, it was the Hardee's that I was talking about for breakfast, in Pell City, it is the one on 231 just south of I20 on the left, anyone that wants to meet there with us, are most welcome...let just hope the rain will move in & out faster than James Spann has said tonight.

Tommy

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Sunday looks alot better to me, only 30% chance of rain in Warm Springs, and the weather should be moving east ahead of us.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The Ga bunch has canceled their lunch run for Saturday and are trying to reschedule it for Mar 7. They have another in Blairsville on Mar 14. I am pretty sure I will go to the Mar 14, it is a better route but I will ride somewhere on the 7 to so who knows. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
The Ga bunch has canceled their lunch run for Saturday and are trying to reschedule it for Mar 7. They have another in Blairsville on Mar 14. I am pretty sure I will go to the Mar 14, it is a better route but I will ride somewhere on the 7 to so who knows. What does everyone else think?
I am going to plan to go to Warm Springs, Mar. 7, and Blairsville the 14th.:thumbup:

works for me, what about this Sunday - anybody doing anything?
I don't think this Sunday will be good for a ride with the weather that is forecasted at least not for me.:shrug:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
We might need to start another thread before LaMont cuts off the Alabama Board for inactivity!
Yes, Richard I have noticed that there is a lot more activity on the Ga. board than ours...wonder why:shrug:I didn't think that Alabama people would let Ga. people out do them at anything:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts