GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems a lady got beat up in front of the Hells Angels HQ in Manhattan.

A search warrant was issued to raid their HQ. Pictures on the TV show cops standing outside, looking impish and not all that brave to go barging in.

Wonder what they will find?

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I know the Hells Angles are all over the place, but in Manhattan? Are these the upscale members?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dunno..........but intell. rpts. should alert them to what MAY be inside.
As a retired LEO that served 100's of Search & Arrest Warrants during my career in Wash.,D.C.,what I wonder about more than anything is why the tv crew is there before the service of the warrant?
Who alerted the news?
In the late 60's & early 70's I was a part of arrest teams that served Search & Arrest warrants on premises occupied by Black Panthers,SDS,Black Muslims, & other domestic terrorist groups. We relied on survelliance,intell. & the element of surprise in the execution of these warrants.
Not 2nd guessing these guys, LEO's......just wonderin.
Let us know how it plays out. It would not surprise me if the HA's didn't beat the woman inside the house & then kick her to the curb.
If that's what happened, I'd guess the perp. is long gone.
JMO,
the hobo

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Clamper.......... They occupy a whole BLOCK of row houses in lower Manhatten,around Ave. B or C. Even have a sign @ both ends of the street advising folks that they are entering a HA protected neighborhood.
I've been in the block a couple of times many yrs. ago, & if memory serves me correctly,it's a 1 way, narrow street,lined with row houses on both sides.
It would be difficult to enter the block without being seen.
the hobo

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Dawg, you asked what they might find? I sure hope it isn't a flyer for Cats-Cade!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
When I was about 10 years old, one of the girls in my class lived about a 1/4 mile from me. I'd ride my bicycle down there and BS with her and other neighborhood kids. Well this girls dad was a Bandido and there were always other Bandidos around. When they showed up we would all split. They scared the hell out of us. One day her dad pulled up in his work truck (couldn't hear the Harley to get away!). Stuck out his hand, introduced himself and invited me inside for a cold Coke. Nice guy. I was never scared of him after that. But the other Bandidos still scared the hell out of me! :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
The bike groups of old have lost their war face, some by choice. Its too much hassel to deal with cops and everyone expects them to cause trouble. There are several new law breakers on the field, but they don;t look like the long hair tough guys of old, they ride sport bikes now and come in various colors and cultures. Interesting how times have changed. I think the high cost of the DC/VA/MD area and new HD's have driven out all but the hard core bikers, with land.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
All I can say is that I have never been to Manhattan, and no one will ever be able to prove that this biker stuff has made me a changed man.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hells Angels in NYC

Its a pretty well known fact that the NYC Hells Angels chapter is really a real estate play. True. They even sell t-shirts at the bike show. Those boys are capitalists. The do have an area on the street right outside their "place" with big signs suggesting that area is where they park but you can park there if you like, but gosh golly gee who knows what might happen to your car because there has been a lot of vandalism of late (so they hear). Not your average HA crew. But still worthy of being given a wide berth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts