GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please give input on this route into Hells Canyon,
Our Plan was to Overnight in Lewiston on the Northend at take this exact route.....
Lewiston, Anatone,Troy,Maxville, Hitting #82 to Wallowa,Enterprise,Joseph,Hitting #86 to Halfway,Richland and on into Baker City.....
Is this route do-able on a wing, is it all paved, Any Gas....Is it a nice trip.....?
PLEASE ANYONE THATS DONE THIS ROUTE CHIME IN!
Any Help would be great....

This trip is in late june...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Find a woman and say I DO! LOL

·
Registered
702 Posts
Did this ride but turned NE to Oxbow on 86 from NF-39. I enjoyed it and found enough gas as well as good pavement from Lewiston to Rt 86. Hell's Canyon was hot but rode it later in the summer of '06.
I don't believe you'll be disapponted... have a safe ride.

AG GL

·
Registered
601 Posts
The route I've traveled is Hwy 129 out of Clarkston (Lewiston) turning into Hwy 3 in Oregon into Enterprise. This is all paved and is a wonderful road. It is referred to as "rattlesnake". Gas is available in Enterprise and Joseph. From Joseph, take the Imnaha highway east out of Joseph. This is paved, but rougher than other roads. It is still very easy on a wing. This will intersect Hwy 86 between Oxbow and Halfway. 86 is also a very nice bike road in to Baker City. This is a very easy day's ride, in fact you would have time to go on from there.

Hope this helps your decision.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The road off of the Imnaha highway that connects with OR86 is FS39. The Hells Canyon Lookout is fabulous and I was just out there last Labor Day. It's one of my favorite rides in the Pacific NW.

I, too, came down WA 129 to OR 3 (The Rattlesnake) to Enterprize and then Joseph. If you want a GPS route PM me and I'll send it to you.

Tim

The route I've traveled is Hwy 129 out of Clarkston (Lewiston) turning into Hwy 3 in Oregon into Enterprise. This is all paved and is a wonderful road. It is referred to as "rattlesnake". Gas is available in Enterprise and Joseph. From Joseph, take the Imnaha highway east out of Joseph. This is paved, but rougher than other roads. It is still very easy on a wing. This will intersect Hwy 86 between Oxbow and Halfway. 86 is also a very nice bike road in to Baker City. This is a very easy day's ride, in fact you would have time to go on from there.

Hope this helps your decision.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My brothers and I rode through Hells Canyon last summer, 2nd week of July. Didn't take long to figure out where the name came from, when we rode into Lewiston it was still 105 at 7:00pm. :eek:

We didn't take the route you're looking at, took 129/3 to Enterprise like someone else has already mentioned. Really nice ride coming down off the plateau.

Have a good trip
Dave R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts