GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I rode from central Cal to Baker for the Rally. We spent about 1 hour Friday at the Rally then rode to Halfway where we spent the weekend with friends.
The riding in that area is fantastic. It's the first time in the area for me and I want to go back.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You are right about the beauty. We just stayed 3 nights at the Copperfield Campground at Oxbow in Hells Canyon. We are ready to go back. We went out and looked over Halfway one day as well as riding down the Snake River to Hells Canyon Dam. The day we left we rode up to Brownlee Dam then back tracked to go out thru Halfway & Richland to Baker City. Had a great hamburger at a little hole in wall cafe in Richland.
People are so friendlly in those settings, we really enjoy that kind of vacation.
Not that people are not up to date but we were impressed with the guy cutting hay with a horse drawn mower.
If you go out of Halfway about 8 miles and take a left on a USFS rode you can have as may twisties as you like and end up in Joseph, Or and go on from there to so great riding.
That's one of many reasons we love living in the Great Northwest!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stayed just out of Halfway on the road to the forest service road. We did ride to Joseph on the forest service road and made a loop through Joseph and Enterprice back to Baker.
When we came home we went to John Day and down through Burns and Lakeview. Great ride.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I stayed just out of Halfway on the road to the forest service road. We did ride to Joseph on the forest service road and made a loop through Joseph and Enterprice back to Baker.
When we came home we went to John Day and down through Burns and Lakeview. Great ride.

:agree::agree:We left that way but went on to Redmond and north to Crooked River Ranch to visit friends... Love that country..:nojoke:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts